By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC World's 10 Most Overrated Products Vs Underrated: Wii Mentioned ...

I just happened to stumble across this article whilest perusing the interwebz.

The only reason I posted it was because they mentioned some video gaming products.

And here they be:

The 10 Most Overrated Products

Nintendo Wii (© Nintendo); PlayStation Portable (© Sony Computer Entertainment)

Overrated: Nintendo Wii ; Underrated: Sony PlayStation Portable

More than two years after their debut, Wiis are still tough to find in stores. In that time, Nintendo has re­­leased just enough great games (and non­games like Wii Fit) to tease gamers. Nintendo continues to develop new peripherals like the WiiSpeak speakerphone attachment (coming this fall), but the company says that only a handful of marquee titles will appear by the end of 2008.

In contrast, Sony's PlayStation Portable continues to gain unique titles and cool features -- if you have a Wi-Fi connection (having a PlayStation 3 doesn't hurt either). Now in its second generation, the PSP offers Skype, Internet radio, the ability to up­­load movies from a PS3 directly to your handheld, and downloadable translation travel packs. Plus, you can play games remotely and view content stored on your PlayStation 3 over a Wi-Fi network.

Rest of the list

1. Touch Interface(iPhone) - Overrated, A Good Keyboard(Sidekick 2008) - Underrated
2. Above
3. Mini Notebooks - Overrated, Ultraportable Laptops - Underrated
4. iTunes - Overrated, Slacker and Pandora - Underrated
5. Facebook - Overrated, Multiply - Underrated
6. Apple iPod iTouch - Overrated, Microsoft Zune - Underrated
7. Google Apps - Overrated, OpenOffice 3.0 - Underrated
8. Adope Photoshop CS4 - Overrated, Paint.Net - Underrated
9. Windows XP - Overrated, Windows Vista - Underrated
10. Streaming Video - Overrated, Blu-ray Disc - Underrated

Highlighted some interesting ones.

http://tech.msn.com/products/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=10762232&imageindex=1

Around the Network

I'm glad to see that there are some people who don't go out of their way to ignore the PSP's unique games and trash the fantastic little handheld.

ROFFLE!

Isn't there a pcworld blog that trashes the Wii daily? Not really susrprised.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

nvm

I'm glad they acknowledged the PSP, it needs more love. And Blu-ray too, nice.

Around the Network

Definitely a PC fansite not an Apple fan site haha. What a bunch of bias bastards haha. It's just funny when ya look at it haha. And I'm not arguing against the Wii and PSP part but their reasoning is simply funny haha.

The PSP is Underrated.

DMeisterJ said:
The PSP is Underrated.

Haha funny thing is it used to be way way overrated haha.  And then DS just cleaned slate and really the only place it could go after DS got all the media was underrated haha.  Fact of the matter seriously haha.

i think the psp is overrated

Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PSP is Underrated.

Haha funny thing is it used to be way way overrated haha.  And then DS just cleaned slate and really the only place it could go after DS got all the media was underrated haha.  Fact of the matter seriously haha.

But it really is though.

For the unique games on the system, and the multi-media functionalities, it doesn't deserve half the flak that it gets.  Especially with the DS going the Multi-media route with the DSi, Sony must have done something right having a Portable system with that functionality.