By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid prime 1 and 2 join pikmin in Wii Remake program

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? Looks like it will have a new control style since u can still play it on Wii with the bongos. The bongos made this game unique son using the anothe type of control wont be the same.

Around the Network

I think Metroid Prime was actually the best game ever made, and MP3 was a disappointment partly due to the more FPS-like controls (I preferred the Super Metroid aspects to the FPS ones). Therefore, remaking it with these controls will actually be worse than the original game in my opinion. Motion controls do not suit Metroid - at least not the kind of Metroid I like the series for.

One could use the term "milking" and it might be true, but my guess for this move of remaking Metroid Prime 1 and 2 might have something to do with the lawsuit that Nintendo lost in relation to gamecube controllers. Hopefully someone can correct me on that for the 2nd theory. Also if 2nd theory is correct then i guess the remake would be for those future customers that may be interested in the first two games since there is currently only one Metroid Prime game on the Wii.

Waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting patiently for MH3 : p

Hmm, I'm out on this one. I already have prime 1 and 2, but it is tempting. If they have more than just pointer control, then I might get them. But 35 bucks for a game I already have isn't really something I'm interested in.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I'll definitelty be picking up MP1&2 so I'll have the whole trilogy on the Wii with Wii controls. =D

That would be pretty sweet.

Around the Network

I can say for certain that I'm going to be double dipping. I can resist those two games with Wii controls. They'll most likely be $29.99, but I think that's a bit steep. Now $19.99 would be great.

Everyone should play these games..

Metroid Prime 2 was used as test example early last year so the media could get an idea of how MP3 would play.

They've certainly taken things a step further now.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I missed the first two MP's so I think I'll pick them up with Wii Controls now...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Soleron said:
I think Metroid Prime was actually the best game ever made, and MP3 was a disappointment partly due to the more FPS-like controls (I preferred the Super Metroid aspects to the FPS ones). Therefore, remaking it with these controls will actually be worse than the original game in my opinion. Motion controls do not suit Metroid - at least not the kind of Metroid I like the series for.

then dont play it..