By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Punch Out!! being developed by Mario Strikers team...

"US, October 2, 2008 - IGN has learned that the recently-announced Wii version of Punch-Out!! is being developed by Next Level Games.

Next Level is best known for its work on Super Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged, the GameCube and Wii soccer games featuring Nintendo's characters on the football pitch.

Punch-Out!! is being worked on for a release sometime in 2009. It is based upon the boxing series first released in the arcades, then followed-up by the popular Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! on the NES. The last Punch-out!! title was Super Punch-Out!! produced for the Super NES in 1994."

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/915/915916p1.html

Dunno whether that's a good or bad thing...

Nothing to complain about from what I've seen so far though.

Around the Network

Well Strikers on the Wii was a solid and entertaining experience, that delievered what you would expect from such a game. So I would say its in good hands.

Sol said:

Well Strikers on the Wii was a solid and entertaining experience, that delievered what you would expect from such a game. So I would say its in good hands.

Yeah, Strikers is a good game. I was just kinda hoping they'd give it to one of their A-teams...

Nintendo will make sure this turns out good

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Oh great, now Punch Out is going to be super hard :(

lol, trying to beat Strikers was a pull your hair out experience for my room mate and I.

Around the Network

They'll do a great job. Nintendo will make sure of it.

Bumping to inform dupe thread creator that he made a dupe thread :)

IllegalPaladin said:

lol, trying to beat Strikers was a pull your hair out experience for my room mate and I.

You sound like someone unfamiliar with Punch Out. It's probably twice as pull out your hair out hard as Strikers is.

I pray for this game to have good online with Wii Speak. It would make my year.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I guess I shouldve Titles mines better =P

Posted. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=43997&start=0

Onyxmeth said:
IllegalPaladin said:

You sound like someone unfamiliar with Punch Out. It's probably twice as pull out your hair out hard as Strikers is.

I pray for this game to have good online with Wii Speak. It would make my year.

I've played it, I just wanted to say that if they wanted to make it hard, the people who work on Strikers would be a good choice.