By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So we're in Korea,

In our nice apartment looking out over the city of Pusan. 

"Gee, I wonder if we get any english language television" I say, as I reach for the remote. I turn on the TV to see a few hundred screaming fans with noisemakers in front of a stage with two Korean Teenagers on it. The teenagers shake hands, walk over to two booths... And start playing Starcraft.

I'm watching Starleague, the 24 hour Starcraft network. What a weird place.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

wow Starcraft TV thats insane....

My partner asked her employer about it and he said that in the summer, they put up some giant screens at the beach and gamers get together to play it while others watch.

Which is probably the only way to get these people outside, considering how popular the indoor PC rooms are (indoor private pc gaming facilities).

The Starcraft 2 release really is going to be insane.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Ohh yeah, My friends have told me about that.

Yeah I think Blizzard could usurp the R.O.K. government if they wanted too.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Any kids try to touch your butt yet? They do it with 2 hands at once, with index fingers pointed out, thumbs up, and the rest clasped together, like they're holding a gun. They have a funny name for it too. Watch out for that and credit cards and stuff. They love butts.

Around the Network

Oh yeah! It's like some kind of game or something. what was the term for that!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

So do they play other games? Or just Starcraft?...

Have you been able to hook your Wii up to your TV?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
So do they play other games? Or just Starcraft?...

They play the butt game apparently.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Any kids try to touch your butt yet? They do it with 2 hands at once, with index fingers pointed out, thumbs up, and the rest clasped together, like they're holding a gun. They have a funny name for it too. Watch out for that and credit cards and stuff. They love butts.

I thought that was Japn.

Anyways, I'm from Korea.  Please say hello to my uncles in Pusan. 

They are Korean, about 5'6", dark hair, dark brown eyes - somewhat slanted, walks alot,

If you see them, say "hello" for me.