By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console and Handheld Connectivity

Why haven't we seen more of this.  Playing FF:CC on the gamecube was a joy(sans the sadness it gave to the pockets of my friends and I) even though a bit shallow.  I was hoping to see far more interaction this gen since we have such powerful and wireless handhelds.  I know we have remote play for the PS3/PSP but it's been really hasn't been utilized too much as far as games go.

Around the Network

Because not enough people ever owned both systems. The PS2 didn't have a handheld, and the GC sold like crap (well, better than crap, but still pretty bad)

This is the first generation were it would really work as both the Wii and DS are extremely popular. It may take a while before developers start capitalizing on this and develop software that will use both in a meaningful way.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

New FF:CC will make good use of this.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/TGS-2008-Resistance-2-Retribution-PS3-PSP-link-brings-Dualshock-3-support-for-PSP-new-content/pg/49/aid/12473

I hope this becomes more of the standard and not the exception to the rule at least as far as Sony's 1st party games go.

Lair is fully playable on the psp through remote play. So is PJM. The PSP and PS3 can transfer video, music, and gamefiles I think its as good as it gets.

Around the Network

Animal Crossing Wild World and City Folk will be getting snug with each other. Wild World data will be transferable to City Folk, although I don't know what they'd transfer besides what your character looks like I guess?