By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I’m putting it all on the line, for Rygar.

Rygar: The Battle of Argus, made by Tecmo, is a game that I have been following for over a year. I have been there for delay after delay. I’ve watched retro music videos from Rygar 1, and have read the review for the Rygar game on the PS2 several times. I’ve seen every screenshot and posted in mostly all Rygar discussions. My FIRST POST on VGChartz was based on Rygar and it’s claims of T-rated “God of War-esque” status. So here, I stake my claim:

Rygar: The Battle of Argus will be guaranteed to have at least a 7.5 rating on IGN. Seeing as how the PS2 predecessor got an 8.4 the only category in which this could falter is gameplay and camera. The graphical side of the game has been updated, the framerate runs at a stable 60 FPS, and the main story mode lasts 8-12 hours. Along with that is a “Conquest Mode” adding more replay value. The music will be awesome seeing how it was recorded in a famous renowned studio and supports Dolby Surround sound, along with 16:9 widescreen and 480p.

My Final prediction (AT LEAST):

Presentation 8.0

Graphics 7.0

Sound 8.5 (Crisp, Dolby support)

Gameplay 7.0 (Wii remote not used enough, but playable) Lasting Appeal 8.0 (Added C-mode, longer than original PS2 game)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Well it looks good, even though it's a port (substantially improved, of course). I hope it'll be as good as you say, because the Wii is lacking at this game genre. A good God of War clone on the Wii would be nice.

I'll have to eat a pretty big hat if it stinks, but this game has me really excited.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Nintendo Power just gave this game a 7.0. It isn't looking good for my "prediction".

@SaviorX, this will be a great game for the wii.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

IGN Ratings for Rygar: The Battle of Argus (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide

6.0 Presentation
No widescreen support, ugly character models, and painful dialogue. The extra Gladiator Mode is nice, though, and waggle controls don't get in the way of the action.

7.0 Graphics
A lot of the environments still look good, with pretty reflections on many surfaces. The characters have not aged well, though.

8.5 Sound
The orchestral score is fantastic, but the voice actors struggle with the cheesy dialogue.

5.5 Gameplay
This is a six-year old game, and it feels like it. The standard action and light exploration don't offer anything new. Plus, some awkward controls and camera problems get in the way.

6.5 Lasting Appeal
Gladiator Mode is an arcade-style beat 'em up that encourages players to keep trying to get better scores.

Passable OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Well, I knew I was doomed once I saw Daemon reviewing it. Oh well.

So I am guess you regret putting it all on the line for Rygar or do you think it is still a great game?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Well, you did get sound and graphics right, so you're half right (or half wrong, depending which way you roll).

rygar i still will get the game, i think it will be fun.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

SaviorX said:
I'll have to eat a pretty big hat if it stinks, but this game has me really excited.

To bad… so when will the hat eating begin? Post some pics pleas or a video would be better, that way you won’t be able to fake it.

OT: I never expected it to be a good game..

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(