By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will PC gaming die?

only thing holding it alive is WOW.... it is a huge waste of money to build a high end pc when there are no good games on it... BTW i have a good computer and the only game i use it for is CS source :)

Around the Network

anyone up???

When gaming itself dies.

well my point is that, pc game sales are nothing anymore compared to console gaming and if theres no money in it surely developers will start to eliminate that option.

PandaexpressPanda said:
well my point is that, pc game sales are nothing anymore compared to console gaming and if theres no money in it surely developers will start to eliminate that option.

I'm too tired to dig up the numbers right now on profits in the PC game sector.

Someone else go find them and own the OP for me please.

*whoever owns the OP first gets a cookie when I wake up tomorrow*

Around the Network

If pc has no good games, than NO system has NO good games.

Bad question...

As long as Valve is active in the PC world PC gaming won't die.

With games like WoW pulling in tons of profit it will never go anywhere. Spore just broke a million sales, you have a game like Crysis: Warhead that came out and we have Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 still years out. PC Gaming isnt going anywhere for a long time.

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

RolStoppable said:
If the PC doesn't have good games, does that mean that the 360 and PS3 also don't have good games (or at least not a lot of good games)? If so, when will they die?

I'm sorry to inform you, but PC has better games than every system including the Wii.

No need to be anti HD.

PC is capable of doing everything...

YES, even motion controls.

Wow dude. You have no idea how much flaming is headed your way, and probably a ban, lol.

That said, PC gaming has a large mix in market between casual and core gamers. The subculture of PC builders along with the at work casual players, and then the MMO groups, along with the Sims players....yeah, PC gaming is strong as hell. The only reason its not readily apparent is because a ton of games are moving to digital distribution.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.