By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why microsoft is such a great company...as supposed to Sony

321tttrini4everz said:
jerseyboy609 said:

The Xbox 360 has always had a thing for having the competitive edge over the competition. First, they launched a system a year before the rest of the competition. This gave the system its huge American fanbase (this is why I have a Xbox 360 ). Also, they have soo many more exclusive games that are worth buying now, as opposed to ones that are being mentioned 3 years from now.

Second, Microsoft has been letting the competition catch up, but then they blow away others (i.e. XBL and Price Cut). The reason I am saying this, is because we all know that PSN is maturing at a fast pace, and is pretty much on par with XBL. Now, since XBL is having the update, I believe that PSN will not be in the same league as XBL. Sure Home will be great, but once again, Microsoft has beat them to the punch. The new interface IMO is blows the XMB out of the water because your avatar is already present, as opposed to launching it from home. The price cut seems to be working well, if the effects remain consistent. There have been rumors of a $50 price cut of the PS3 in december, but MS already beat them to the punch with the American crowd. With the economy the way it is now over here, $350 as opposed to $199 is expensive these days. Also, the price of XBL has been slashed as well, which makes me consider buying another subscription.

Lastly, they have been buying out a lot of timed exclusivity with a great deal of games. They have RPGs, Rock Band 2 out now, and plenty of other games coming out with timed exclusivity. They understand that many people do not want to wait a full year for the same game, thats a port. Even though some people sont mind waiting for those games, but most dont (like me). Even if Gears of War came on PS3 in 2099, I will have already had my fun on 360. Dont get me wrong, I really like the PS3 because its my system of choice, but they really need to step it up when it comes to competition. I am really loving the lineup that is coming out this fall, because I believe that it is better than 360s', but I think they need to get there $hit together, and start dishing out money to attract more consumers

fail fail fail.....i don't even know where to start

i do beleive you own a 360 alone (not a PS3)

*SIGH*

m$ such a great company ??? (360) disk trays jamming, scratching disks, RROD....you have a thing for faulty hardware huh?

I expect a certain amount of negativity in this thread and let things go a little further in this thread than I would in other since this is just one of those threads but there really is a too far and this post crosses it.  Please try not to be so rude and not so flaming.

This isn't something I'm going to ban you over or give you a formal warning...yet...but please try to keep posts like that to a minimum.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
321tttrini4everz said:
jerseyboy609 said:

The Xbox 360 has always had a thing for having the competitive edge over the competition. First, they launched a system a year before the rest of the competition. This gave the system its huge American fanbase (this is why I have a Xbox 360 ). Also, they have soo many more exclusive games that are worth buying now, as opposed to ones that are being mentioned 3 years from now.

Second, Microsoft has been letting the competition catch up, but then they blow away others (i.e. XBL and Price Cut). The reason I am saying this, is because we all know that PSN is maturing at a fast pace, and is pretty much on par with XBL. Now, since XBL is having the update, I believe that PSN will not be in the same league as XBL. Sure Home will be great, but once again, Microsoft has beat them to the punch. The new interface IMO is blows the XMB out of the water because your avatar is already present, as opposed to launching it from home. The price cut seems to be working well, if the effects remain consistent. There have been rumors of a $50 price cut of the PS3 in december, but MS already beat them to the punch with the American crowd. With the economy the way it is now over here, $350 as opposed to $199 is expensive these days. Also, the price of XBL has been slashed as well, which makes me consider buying another subscription.

Lastly, they have been buying out a lot of timed exclusivity with a great deal of games. They have RPGs, Rock Band 2 out now, and plenty of other games coming out with timed exclusivity. They understand that many people do not want to wait a full year for the same game, thats a port. Even though some people sont mind waiting for those games, but most dont (like me). Even if Gears of War came on PS3 in 2099, I will have already had my fun on 360. Dont get me wrong, I really like the PS3 because its my system of choice, but they really need to step it up when it comes to competition. I am really loving the lineup that is coming out this fall, because I believe that it is better than 360s', but I think they need to get there $hit together, and start dishing out money to attract more consumers

*SIGH*

m$ such a great company ??? (360) disk trays jamming, scratching disks, RROD....you have a thing for faulty hardware huh?

I expect a certain amount of negativity in this thread and let things go a little further in this thread than I would in other since this is just one of those threads but there really is a too far and this post crosses it. Please try not to be so rude and not so flaming.

Please dont lock it, I dont take offense to gaming opinions...I am a gamer, not a fanboy...lol

321tttrini4everz said:

*SIGH*

I've seen jerseyboy609 post many times pro-ps3...

Also, disk trays jamming, scratching disks and RROD have nothing to to with company's desire to be number 1. they are still ahed of Sony despite all those issues...Imagine those issues didn't happen...and microsoft was investing the same amount in its gaming division. Sony wouldn't even be close...

Xen said:
jerseyboy609 said:
Xen said:
You do know how threads like this one end up, right?

what do you mean?

It'll end up as a big flamefest, that's what I mean.

Oh well we should all refrain from posting positive views on Microsoft. /rolls eyes

blackstar said:
psrock said:
I agree, MS is known for being competitive. They are responsible for destroying a lot of companies because of their monopoly in the OS business and OFFICE. They represent America as a whole : GREEDY.

While Sony is so cocky for no reason. They are still in denial of the PS2 days, they need to wake up and realize that MS will do anything to stay ahead. They act like they in front instead of fighting to come back. There is no excuse for the failure of the PS3 in JAPAN, Sony messed up badly in that Country and MS took full advantage.

it's still number 1 in japan i don't see how they messed up there

Actually, it's coming in a poor second.  Sales of the 360 and the PS3 are very poor in Japan, just the 360 sales are even worse.

Around the Network

Why are you telling us this??
Nobody cares, these have been said like million times and i just dont have power to argue with xbox fanboys.

Take my love, take my land..

Krill said:
blackstar said:
psrock said:
I agree, MS is known for being competitive. They are responsible for destroying a lot of companies because of their monopoly in the OS business and OFFICE. They represent America as a whole : GREEDY.

While Sony is so cocky for no reason. They are still in denial of the PS2 days, they need to wake up and realize that MS will do anything to stay ahead. They act like they in front instead of fighting to come back. There is no excuse for the failure of the PS3 in JAPAN, Sony messed up badly in that Country and MS took full advantage.

it's still number 1 in japan i don't see how they messed up there

Actually, it's coming in a poor second.  Sales of the 360 and the PS3 are very poor in Japan, just the 360 sales are even worse.

lol i know but we don't need to mention it everytime, WII OWNED THIS GEN.

darthdevidem01 said:
tracking above it by 3.3 million....actually

and within the next 4 weeks the Ps3 will be at the point where 360 was at the END of the last holiday season

It doesn't matter that the PS3 is selling better than the 360 did at the same point in its life.  What matters is that the PS3 is still below the 360 in sales LTD.  When a third party publisher considers which console to focus on, they consider what size the respective audience will be.  Your argument just sounds like marketing spin.  Wake me up when the PS3 has actually passed the 360 worldwide. (Wasn't that supposed to happen in 2007 2008?)

I don't know why you guys are taking offense from this thread. Believe it or not, MS is a much bigger and better company than Sony. Sony is not the same anymore, they make a lot of products, but they're not leading on any of them. In the consumer electronic Industry, Samsung is kicking their ass. In the Cellphone business, They might just give up. MS is ways ahead of Sony in terms of capital and revenues. I mean, I love the PlayStation brand and Sony products, but they have lost a lot of steam to more potent companies.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
RolStoppable said:
This is one of these threads where I have to think twice before posting, otherwise people could think that I am mentally crazy.

But actually I don't know what to say, I am stunned by Soriku's triple post.

ROFLOL!!