By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 set to dominate Tokyo Game show.

Diomedes1976 said:
Another japanese game for the Playstation 3 ,the RPG Tears to Tiara

http://www.tg-media.net/anime_lover/Famitsu/img030_marked.jpg

Well I am just a stupid swede so I can't read anthing on that page. Can you give us some info? Like who, story turnbased or not etc?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Hmmm so that`s the new Folksoul?

I wonder if Konami and Koei will reveal their Wii JRPGs at TGS this year. Of course I'm mostly interested in which platform the new KH game that's supposed to be announced ends up on. However, as robjoh has repeated many times, Nintendo, for the first time in TGS history, IS attending this year. That is huge news, as it likely means they have a lot to show if they felt it was big enough that they needed to go to TGS to do it. I'm looking forward to the showings of both Nintendo and Sony this year, so let's all be excited and look forward to it.

Oh, and since people need a link to stop saying Nintendo isn't showing up: http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2007/04/23/nintendo-to-attend-tgs/

With Nintendo going this year I have to say I'm seriously considering flying out to Japan for a week vacation and hitting up TGS.  The DQIX demo will be there for download and play! (If you couldn't tell, DQ is one of my favorite RPG series of all time).

I only wanted to show that there are a lot of small japanese developments for the PS3 that will burst in the TGS .And from genres ,as the RPG ,loved by the japanese .

outlawauron said:
Popularity doesn't mean its going to be a great game. Pokemon is popular, but most of the Pokemon games aren't good. The thing is, FF, MGS, etc. might not be as popular as DQ, but they could have a better showing than DQ.

MGS isn't big in Japan at all. They've never sold a million of any Metal Gear game in Japan, have they?  Judging by Square's recent E3 showing, the PS3 is the platform they're least excited about. They showed games off for all other major platforms.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
I only wanted to show that there are a lot of small japanese developments for the PS3 that will burst in the TGS .And from genres ,as the RPG ,loved by the japanese .

and I actualy just wanted some info, if it soundedrude it was because of my poor english.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Frituurman said:

Gballzack said:

1. Were the PS1 and PS2 luke warm failures like the PS3?

2. People were looking forward to the world of FF12 though because of FFTA. I fail to see what comparing FFT to it has anything to do with it as FFT was only ever connected to franchise after the fact. Was FFT on the GBA? So what do you prove by connecting the two? I never said it was the most successful GBA games of all time, just one of them, perhaps you should read a little more carefully next time. Sigh...

In the end all you've managed to do is make yourself look like someone who can't take the time to read. Hell I'll even give you I was a bit over the top of in calling FFTA one of the most successful GBA games of all time, but if semantics is all you can call me on, why did you even bother replying?

Hihi, you're funny! Did you know that, when you align the launches of the PS, PS2 and PS3, the PS3 beats it's predecessors? Íf you don't believe me:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=PS3&reg3=All&align=1

PS2 had start-up problems and is now ultimatly reviewed as the most sold console éver! So I don't see any problems for the PS3. The high rolling games are coming.

Lol.. and this is coming from me, a Nintendo Fanboy.. :P

yup everyone knows that.

and almost everyone knows that the PS2 was launched only in Japan in the first 8 months, whereas the PS3 has been released worldwide.

So in other words, PS3 sold as well worldwide as PS2 did in a single region (the smallest of the three)

And that was without the year and a half long head start that the PS2 enjoyed.

So yes, the PS3 is a lukewarm failure compared to the PS2.

SO EVERYONE PLEASE STOP POSTING THIS "FACT" =p 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Diomedes1976 said:

http://www.tg-media.net/anime_lover/Famitsu/img030_marked.jpg

I'm sorry, but i don't see anywere a PS3 name in this page. Only latin characters write "GO" and "PC". Another link that confirms it? Lolicon RPG = good sales in japan. The shots look like run-of-the-mill anime Ps2 rpg though.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

The more Japanese RPGs on the PS3 or Wii the better.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Big Games for PS3 at TGS:

Sony:

White Knight Story
Locoroco PS3
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
The Eye of Judgment
LittleBigPlanet
Afrika (Will finally be shown)
Wipeout Pulse

Team Ico game to be revlealed.

Square Enix:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
The Last Remnant

Konami:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Silent Hill 5

Koei:

Dynasty Warriors 6
Bladestorm

Namco:

Tekken 6
Soul Calibur IV
Time Crisis 4
Nobi Nobi Boy (new IP from Katamari makers)

Capcom:

Monster Hunter 3
Resident Evil 5

Devil May Cry 4

Atlus:

Shin Megami Tensei PS3

Nippon Ichi:

Disgaea 3

Sega:

Sega Rally Revo

Atari:

Alone in the Dark 5