By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN update on Rygar: The Battle of Argus(hands-on)

I was just checking IGN out today and was very pleased to see they had a chance to go hands-on with Rygar recently. Judging from the preview they seem quite happy with the game.

This is still one of my most anticipated games for any system this year. I'm just glad to know it's shaping up nicely.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/913/913847p1.html

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

Such a pity that they don't seem to have put proper Wii controls into this game. Here I was looking forward to it, too.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Developers are going to have to do more than port 6 year old games to the Wii to impress me.
They are cashing in AGAIN and we are all taking it in the ass.
Please don't buy this game.
Make a statement. make them develop a NEW Rygar on the Wii. Then I will be happy.

Just kiss the tip.

in before the "omg god of war rip off" lol jk

glad to see they were impressed

@millenium: There is nothing worse than forcing motion controls into a game where it doesn't work properly. The approach they are taking sounds great to me.

@Arkk: Get off your high horse. If you didn't have such a knee-jerk reaction, you'd realize they have done much more than "just port" a 6 year old game. I'll make a statement by buying what sounds to be a very fun game.

@11ht11: Aye, it's cool they spelled out the fact that the game and series this is based on predates GoW.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

They are always "impressed" in Previews, but I never played Rygar so I hope it's a good game. At least I liked the video.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

quigontcb said:
@millenium: There is nothing worse than forcing motion controls into a game where it doesn't work properly. The approach they are taking sounds great to me.

@Arkk: Get off your high horse. If you didn't have such a knee-jerk reaction, you'd realize they have done much more than "just port" a 6 year old game. I'll make a statement by buying what sounds to be a very fun game.

@11ht11: Aye, it's cool they spelled out the fact that the game and series this is based on predates GoW.

Touchy touchy quigontcb. No need to bash me.

You have the freedom to buy any game in this wide world. I'm not stopping you. I just believe that we should be getting games that have some thought put in to them. Are you telling me that you aren't tired of all of the "ports" we are getting from every company? Especially PS2 ports.

And trust me, this is not a knee-jerk reaction. I am not the type of person to jump to conclusions. So please refrain from pretending to you know what kind of reaction I had.

Just kiss the tip.

Arkk said:
Developers are going to have to do more than port 6 year old games to the Wii to impress me.
They are cashing in AGAIN and we are all taking it in the ass.
Please don't buy this game.
Make a statement. make them develop a NEW Rygar on the Wii. Then I will be happy.

This may be the litmus test which, if passed, makes that game come to fruition.

If it's a good game, I'm all over it.  The videos didn't look half bad.

Glad to see it's looking good but yeah, a NEW game would be more interesting than another PS2 port. Still, few people seem to have played Rygar in it's early PS2 days so this game should do well regardless.

Arkk said:
quigontcb said:

Touchy touchy quigontcb. No need to bash me.

You have the freedom to buy any game in this wide world. I'm not stopping you. I just believe that we should be getting games that have some thought put in to them. Are you telling me that you aren't tired of all of the "ports" we are getting from every company? Especially PS2 ports.

And trust me, this is not a knee-jerk reaction. I am not the type of person to jump to conclusions. So please refrain from pretending to you know what kind of reaction I had.

In all fairness, from my understanding, a lot went into giving this game an overhaul. Its not quite a port, at least in the traditional sense.