By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 is the best looking console shooter this year.

twesterm said:
Fishie said:
DMeisterJ said:
The lighting is fantastic.

It does look better than Gears.

I wonder why we haven't heard much of Gears as of late, I assume it's still under embargo.

My Gears 2 NDA ends the 29th. Resistance 2 on October second.

Yeah, we'll really hold our breath for your impressions.  I'm sure they won't look exactly like IGN's hands on.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
chasmatic12 said:
Jo21 said:
resistance wins by one big factor.
there is COLOR.

I completely disagree. While Resistance is technically superior, the gloomy/dark/dim atmosphere in Gears gives it a win.

Bah, I think that's a fanperson talking point(not by you, but just something you've heard and accepted based off biased judgements). They try to make us accept that R2 is technically better because they say it is enough, maybe we'll start to believe the generally accepted truth.

You're absolutely right. I don't know which one is technically superior, but people have been saying that Resistance is. It wouldn't surprise me given the hardware. Personally, I think the textures in Gears (from what I've seen) are much better than Resistance. However, the lighting in Resistance is remarkable.

Fishie said:
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
DMeisterJ said:

I wonder why we haven't heard much of Gears as of late, I assume it's still under embargo.

Yeah, we'll really hold our breath for your impressions.  I'm sure they won't look exactly like IGN's hands on.

Me seeing too many people that pretend to be journalists or focus testers to try to win arguments. 

I wouldn't take it too personally since I believe almost nothing people say on forums until given a good reason to trust them.  Hell, I wouldn't even believe half the things I say if I wasn't me.

twesterm said:
Fishie said:
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
DMeisterJ said:

Me seeing too many people that pretend to be journalists or focus testers to try to win arguments. 

I wouldn't take it too personally since I believe almost nothing people say on forums until given a good reason to trust them.  Hell, I wouldn't even believe half the things I say if I wasn't me.

Me and Blezinski, that good enough for ya?

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7885/p1010553yk3.jpg

Fishie said:
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
DMeisterJ said:

It would if I knew what you looked like.  I've also happened to have seen many people post fake photos of themselves (though they are usually pretending to be hot girls).

Like I said, I wouldn't take it too personally since I assume just about everyone on the internet is fake.  I'm a random person on the internet and kind of an ass so I'm nobody you should worry about. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
twesterm said:
Fishie said:
DMeisterJ said:

It would if I knew what you looked like.  I've also happened to have seen many people post fake photos of themselves (though they are usually pretending to be hot girls).

Like I said, I wouldn't take it too personally since I assume just about everyone on the internet is fake.  I'm a random person on the internet and kind of an ass so I'm nobody you should worry about. 

Hehehehe.

You will see the 29th when a bunch of Gears 2 NDA`s expire.

Fishie said:

Hehehehe.

LoL, I once believed that Cliffy got buddy buddy with all the reviewers just before his game release, so they would rate his games higher.

You will rate his game higher because he pretends to love you!!!!

That's just how my wierd logic works.

Oh Cliffster. How you toy with reviewer's emotions.

Then, after their review is up, he drops 5 dollars on the nightstand and says, "keep the change, baby."

lol, but seriously, he'll go around and hang out with the IGN guys, do On the Spot, give big insider stuff and just be generally chilling out at all the review spots before release. That's like him letting them know a bad review is like a betreyal. Bad reviews of Cliffy's games will make you be forever shunned.

Forever SHUNNED!!

Luckily for Cliffy fans, his games are great, so you can avoid the shunnage rather easily.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I dont even do reviews.

talkingparrot i find it hard to believe you're 28

Fishie said:

Hehehehe.

Guess I'll patiently wait for the 29th then. 

Oh!  And I just remembered the word I've been trying to remember since we started this whole thing.  Embargo.  Nothing to do with much, just been bothering me I couldn't remember it.