By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mercenaries 2 no longer PS3 exclusive!

LOL http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4782&Itemid=2 But seriously, does this shock anyone?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

sieanr said: LOL http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4782&Itemid=2 But seriously, does this shock anyone?
OMG I LOVED THE THE ORIGINAL... AND NOW I CANT PLAY IT ON MY WII?! OMG WHY NOT? IT HAS 1000000x MORE POWER THAN THE PS2. WHY IS'NT IT GOING ON MY WII?! WHY? *yawn*

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

it makes me wonder if game developers are changing strategies. making a game exclusive, if there aren't that many users, software for sure won't sell well. do a modification to the code and translate it to another platform = more games distributed by different systems = more games to be sold.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

My only surprise is that Kwaad bothered to respond - with another useless post - on news that further damages the PS3 release schedule ;) And Kwaad - don't be surprised if a Wii version *is* released - it might coming after the other skews, so they have more polish time (although Im not sure if any Wii owners really care about this title - I know I don't...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Kwaad said: OMG I LOVED THE THE ORIGINAL... AND NOW I CANT PLAY IT ON MY WII?! OMG WHY NOT? IT HAS 1000000x MORE POWER THAN THE PS2. WHY IS'NT IT GOING ON MY WII?! WHY? *yawn*
If it's bad news for Sony, it must be Nintendo's fault? Is that your logic? Better yet, just how does the PS3's loss of yet another exclusive have anything to do with the Wii at all? Kwaad, just how insecure are you? Did daddy sodomize you with an SNES controller when you were younger? Or does your wife do that to you now? Nobody ever mentioned anything about a Wii. If you hate it so much, go sell yours and use that money to buy some PS3 games that Sony so desperately needs to sell in order to turn a profit. You know, with your absolutely abysmal grasp of rhetoric and salamander-blind Sony fanboyism (pardon my being redundant here) you are probably alienating those who were considering purchasing a PS3 in the first place. If that was your agenda to start with, congratulations - you are doing a phenomenal job, judging by the recent console sales.
Kwaad said: OMG I LOVED THE ORIGINAL... AND NOW IT'S NO LONGER EXCLUSIVE ON MY PS3! OMG WHY NOT? IT HAS 1000000x MORE POWER THAN ANYTHING OUT THERE. WHY ISN'T IS EXCLUSIVE ANYMORE? WHY WON'T MY SUXASSES RUMBLE WHEN I GET SHOT BY INCOMING FIRE? WHY AM I INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING WHAT I READ? WHY AM I UTTERLY USELESS AT WRITING COMPLETE SENTENCES? WHY IS MY PUNCTUATION ON PAR WITH CHARLIE GORDON PRIOR TO HIS "ENHANCEMENT"? *yawn*

Around the Network

ROFL.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

anyone who didn't think this was going multiconsole is silly. at this point, this is barely newsworthy. Anyway, i don't think this hurts Sony all that much. The first game was solid, but there was nothing particularly great about it. the new one will probably be equally solid, but i doubt this game is the one that causes a whole bunch of people to lose confidence in Sony being able to provide a unique experience. A tad off topic, but worth saying anyway: The way i see it, Sony's getting just about every great Xbox game that's out. To make up for the XBOX exclusives (Halo, Gears of War), Sony's offering customers greater variety in the form of racing and action/adventure games (F1, Motorstorm, Lair, Warhawk, MGS, Uncharted). Yeah, I know Forza's coming out soon, but we know without a doubt GT5's eventually coming out, so considering the entire life of the consoles, the two games cancel out ;)

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

like jman8 said this is no surprise. It is freaking EA. those jerkwads only care about money. they are soul-less (maybe i'm being overdramatic haha). anywho it isn't a big deal for Sony. the game was not even posed to be a system seller. MotorStorm, Lair, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, FFXIII, FFVersusXIII, and so on will handle that.

I don't care.

Ok. My point is. Why is it coming to the 360. 10million worldwide. The PS3. 1.7million worldwide. PC... god knows how many world-wide. PS2... 120million worldwide. where is 4million Wii? My point is. Why is there no Wii? Seriously. Why?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!