By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mega Man 9 help (Might be spoilers)

So what I need help with is how to get past the magma on Mega Man 9 in Dr. Wileys first stage.  There's 3 streams of magma going across the screen and 3 ladders at the top of the screen, and doesn't seem to me a time when magma isn't in the way to jump up there.  Anyone know how to beat it?

Note the 3 streams of lava and 3 ladders at the top that you have to reach and only 2 safe places to stay IE the ladder my character is on in the picture and a platform to the right of him.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

aw yes the 3 horizontal streams of death.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Metroid_ADMD/Artwork/?action=view&current=mm9.jpg

words can really not begin to describe the unfairness of this screen.

anyway: concrete weapon freezes the lava which you then use to jump to the top or
rush coil as soon as you enter the screen to left ladder. rush jet across the ladder to the righter ladders.

Ah Thanks a lot I tried shooting it with concrete but it just never worked for me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Alright I got to the next area and ended up at the dead end but got an energy tank for my troubles lol so now I've got to go back and get to the other ladder.