By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game is gonna FLOP this winter?

waron said:
LBP since they didn't even release it and developer announced first patch and from last video of this "sotc" level.
i think it will be hammered if those nasty pop-ups will stay in final version of this game.
besides people have really high expectations for this game.

you should be a comedian

Around the Network

Lets deal with this for each of the big three.

NINTENDO :Wii Music will be a critical flop but will sell massively due to Nintendo's current adoring and mindless masses who will flock to it like the little zombies they are. Deadly Creatures will also flop because consumers will think playing as a spider/scorpion is stupid.

SONY: Little Big Planet will be a massive critical success and flop in sales as it is one of those magnificent little niche titles like Okami and Z&W and will be looked upon as a massive failure by Sony. Killzone 2 will get neither critical or commercial success - it will be a subpar shooter with massive problems in every sector, think Lair.

MICROSOFT: Banjo will also be a critical and commercial flop, - only advantage for it is it's being sold as a budget game. 'Lips', the singstar fad is over (thank god) and this is several years late - this game is going to sell a couple thou and end up in the bargain bin.

I'd be more brutal on the Wii but lets face it if you're going to have flops you've got to have games. The Wii doesn't, its holiday lineup is basically Wii Music (which isn't so much a game as an insult) and Animal Crossing (mindless drones, won't flop).

Resistance 2 will flop

Animal crossing, gears2, fable2 and fallout 3.

I think it will be Quantum of Solace and Fracture as well as any game that will be released in the same week as R2 and GEoW2 (i'm thinking Mirror's Edge)

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Around the Network

Banjo Kazooie, Dead Space, Fracture, and Fable 2

Im shocked a couple of people have mentioned resistance 2. That game will NOT flop

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Barbie Dreamhouse HD. Destined for doom without online features.

I think LBP will be the biggest flop, only b/c its it being marketed as the uber casual grabber for the ps3 and right now it sounds like the casual crowd is going to buy it, play it, get frustrated with it, and then move on

However it sounds like the hardcore crowd will find a ton to the game and they might be able to save it from horrible sales,

But n terms or market, it is going to fail epic

LBP, expectations for that game are so high it'll flop.