By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game is gonna FLOP this winter?

Oh boy bring your torches for this flame bait, what game do you guys think is gonna be garbage ???? this should get interesting.

Around the Network

Compared to expectations? LBP.

Anything less than 18 million by the end of November and DMeisterJ's true expectations (not the fake ones he prepares as a defense mechanism) will be destroyed.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

hmm....im gonna have to think about this one, i shall post back once i figure out my decision!

I think Lips will do well, but Your in the Movies will get slammed.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Compared to expectations? LBP.

Anything less than 18 million by the end of November and DMeisterJ's true expectations (not the fake ones he prepares as a defense mechanism) will be destroyed.

link to who expected LBP to sell 18 million by the end of november!

Around the Network

November is not in winter, it is in autumn. I am inclined to say Killzone 2 is going to flop this winter. If it releases in February as expected, it will fall into the winter category.

first off when I say winter I generalize all games that will be out by Christmas time, as Christmas falls into winter, Second off theres no way LBP will flop as its bringing something new to the table and when I say flop I don't mean sales wise I mean gameplay/review wise...

I dont think its gonna be garbage. But Ive got a feeling Valkyria Chronicles isnt gonna sell too good.

Probably Raving Rabbids 3 has a fair chance of being a sales failure. I've seen and heard very little hype around it, whereas the first game was hugely hyped and had a hilarious video series, and the second one had a shorter video series and a lot of developer hype (if very disappointing actual gameplay). Buyers are likely to be a lot more cautious after the letdown that was RR2, and without the barrage of hype to talk up the Balance Board support and other new features, RR3 might be doomed to "forgotten middle child" status.

Unless it turns out to be totally awesome, in which case word of mouth will probably boost its sales a bit. But I'm not gonna bet on that happening.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Fable 2. It's gonna be an ever bigger dissapointment than the first. Not just sales wise - in general :)