By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Add me:

PSN: Xiru

Around the Network
getrdone said:
@Ail
Everyone is having the problem with NBA 09. A patch is suppose to come out next week for the Oklahoma City team because they have a name now and I hope they fix the trophies for the game in this patch. I already got 7 trophies for the game and hope I dont have to do them again when they patch it. The manual for the games are on gamefly.

I could be wrong but from the way it looks it appear to me like the issue is with the Sony servers not the game itself.

You earn the trophies, they show on XMB but when you try to synchronize with the sony servers they fail to recognize the trophies.

I'm wondering if they got added there.......

If that's the case it's just a simple issue of fixing those servers..

PS : The simple instructions on GameFly don't tell me what the quick plays are for example...

Or what exactly setting focus does..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I just read today that IGN preview of Saint Row2 found out trophies were not implemented in the game.
Previously it had been stated the game would support them so if things don't change it might means a patch instead of a release day support.....
Gonna have to edit my gameq at Gamefly...

Err : after rereading the article it's not clear at all if they are or not supported in preview..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

100% in Burnout :)

finally!! now i´m going to play a little bit of wipeout until EoJ gets the patch and set 3

^Got my last actual game play trophy. Now I just need an f'in eye toy so I can get the smug shot trophy and the plat.

Around the Network
bbsin said:

Dammit. I keep messing up at zone 67-68, the speed doesn't overwhelm me but I keep making mental errors and choke at the 2-3 laps of mach1. The worst part is that I have to go through 10 minutes of slow-mo boredom (Zone 1-50) just to practice on 60. I've died on Zone 65-68 on my last 8 attempts now.

Once I get Zonezues, WipeoutHD will finally be transcended. Then it's on to Burnout and Buzz.

This is exactly the problem I've been having. I've died on zone 71 twice now. I can drive Mach I okay but I just start to choke, thinking too much of how close I am to finally doing it.

I just got Elite Campaign Legend though, a trophy I didn't think I'd get at all until yesterday when I somehow ploughed through nine events, leaving only two. It's the only one of the four difficult golds I have - I'm still two tenths off Zico which is driving me insane and I havn't begun to learn the reverse tracks for the Arcade Perfect trophy. Still not sure if I can make the Platinum or not.

Redcoat222 said:
bbsin said:

Dammit. I keep messing up at zone 67-68, the speed doesn't overwhelm me but I keep making mental errors and choke at the 2-3 laps of mach1. The worst part is that I have to go through 10 minutes of slow-mo boredom (Zone 1-50) just to practice on 60. I've died on Zone 65-68 on my last 8 attempts now.

Once I get Zonezues, WipeoutHD will finally be transcended. Then it's on to Burnout and Buzz.

This is exactly the problem I've been having. I've died on zone 71 twice now. I can drive Mach I okay but I just start to choke, thinking too much of how close I am to finally doing it.

I just got Elite Campaign Legend though, a trophy I didn't think I'd get at all until yesterday when I somehow ploughed through nine events, leaving only two. It's the only one of the four difficult golds I have - I'm still two tenths off Zico which is driving me insane and I havn't begun to learn the reverse tracks for the Arcade Perfect trophy. Still not sure if I can make the Platinum or not.

I finally broke though zone 68 and ended with 72. 3 more zones to improve on before i get platinum, i feel like my eyes and hands are finally starting to adjust to mach1.

Zico is actually the first gold I got in WipeoutHD. It's just all about execution, you'll eventually get it. As for Arcade perfect, I actually got that one before I got elite campaign legend, my plan was to go for the reverse tracks immediately after getting 1st on campaign and forward racebox races so the tracks would be more familiar. Sebenco, Sol2 and Chenghou are all easier on reverse.

The tracks that i had problems with on reverse are moa therma and Ubermall. If you can get elite legend, then i think you'll eventually get the platinum. It's good to see someone else in VGchartz that has the will to chase wipeoutHD platinum. 

with that being said, DO NOT GIVE IN! you're closer to platinum than you think.

just got the trophies for linger shadows...

So much trouble in some stardust and eden trophies and this "thing" give you 16 trophies including silvers ones in some minutes...

Sony should see that. a title like these (or the ones of the japaneses cats) should never have more than 2-4 bronze trophies.

bbsin said:
Redcoat222 said:
bbsin said:

I finally broke though zone 68 and ended with 72. 3 more zones to improve on before i get platinum, i feel like my eyes and hands are finally starting to adjust to mach1.

Zico is actually the first gold I got in WipeoutHD. It's just all about execution, you'll eventually get it. As for Arcade perfect, I actually got that one before I got elite campaign legend, my plan was to go for the reverse tracks immediately after getting 1st on campaign and forward racebox races so the tracks would be more familiar. Sebenco, Sol2 and Chenghou are all easier on reverse.

The tracks that i had problems with on reverse are moa therma and Ubermall. If you can get elite legend, then i think you'll eventually get the platinum. It's good to see someone else in VGchartz that has the will to chase wipeoutHD platinum. 

Yeah I can't resist chasing the difficult stuff, I love it. That gold was the most satisfying trophy I've yet won, and if I won the Platinum it would be one of my most satisfying achievements in gaming, period. But these trophies are so hard they've brought me close to admitting defeat.

It's a real relief that you say Sebenco, Sol2 and Chenghou are easier backward, it makes it seem a lot more possible. I've now won the Anulpha Pass reverse, but I expect a lot more difficulty with all the others. Did you just jump right into the phantom elite races on the reverse tracks or did you practice the tracks first in say a Speed Lap session?

And did you use the triple 'chain' barrel role for Zico or just the double? I've only ever pulled off the third once and it wasn't on a hot lap. If I could do that then it would easily gain my last .2 secs.

Redcoat222 said:
bbsin said:
Redcoat222 said:
bbsin said:

Yeah I can't resist chasing the difficult stuff, I love it. That gold was the most satisfying trophy I've yet won, and if I won the Platinum it would be one of my most satisfying achievements in gaming, period. But these trophies are so hard they've brought me close to admitting defeat.

It's a real relief that you say Sebenco, Sol2 and Chenghou are easier backward, it makes it seem a lot more possible. I've now won the Anulpha Pass reverse, but I expect a lot more difficulty with all the others. Did you just jump right into the phantom elite races on the reverse tracks or did you practice the tracks first in say a Speed Lap session?

And did you use the triple 'chain' barrel role for Zico or just the double? I've only ever pulled off the third once and it wasn't on a hot lap. If I could do that then it would easily gain my last .2 secs.

It depends, If I'm really struggling with a track, then i do speed laps on rapier then practice on phantom. If I'm pretty confident going in, I just do Phantom/novice. TBH, i think Phantom/novice is a much better way of practicing tracks, you get used to racing with other racers and learn where the power ups are.

As for Zico, I just used the double. I really didn't even know you could triple until after i did it (which it took me many many tries). If you nail the double roll and drive in a good line, you should be able to get the trophy. When i finally beat Zico, my time was 30.67.