By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@nordlead: Having a program that could gather trophy information and dump it into a database or spreadsheet would definitely save a lot of time, which in turn would allow me to focus on creating and posting new charts and additional stats. My guess, like fadetoone, is that if it were easy to do, we would have seen something developed by now.

How much effort is it to set up a network sniffer to see what the PS3 is doing?

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
@nordlead: Having a program that could gather trophy information and dump it into a database or spreadsheet would definitely save a lot of time, which in turn would allow me to focus on creating and posting new charts and additional stats. My guess, like fadetoone, is that if it were easy to do, we would have seen something developed by now.

How much effort is it to set up a network sniffer to see what the PS3 is doing?

none at all. I use sniffers at work all the time to debug my software. However, at work I know how each message is constructed which makes interpreting things easy. The hard part is figuring out what the messages actually mean, and how to reconstruct messages you actually want.

Once you know what the replies from the server means, it would be a piece of cake to write a program that dumped that information into excell.

Later I'm going to look into the homebrew scene for the PS3. Maybe they have some insight into the PS3 network protocol.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

mattbfg said:
@flow thx for the link il look into that. Yeah I have set 2 and 3 for eoj but downloaded from psn so can't sort out getting you it or I would, can't you edit your region and get japan psn to get them or sumtin? Y can't you get them?

Socom looks hard trophy wise but getrdone is doing well with it so sure it's possible. just need skill and determination.
I wanna get bck to bioshock just after completing it I just can't be assed to go thru it all over again lol one day I really should as 3 gold trophys to grab

Top 10 is the place to be with such good competition to keep ya lively watchout ail and hanzor one slip and il take your place again lol

Can't put cash on my wallet since i'm brazilian and my credit card address won't match with the psn address >.<

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Flow, vc ja tentou o PSN card? Ele e vendido no Mercado Livre.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

ou o entropay

Around the Network

Eu nºao conheço esse, Dark Odin. Como ele funciona?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

SPEAK ENGLISH! i want to no what your saying ! Kylie mines 115 per hour and ive got 1k. However you look at it it will takes a long time

@oliminator

Ways for a brazilian to buy stuff on the psn, getting around the address check

Marcio, não quero dar 150 reais pra 50 dolares da psn (eu sei que eh quase a mesma coisa, mas eu prefiro comprar aos poucos coisas de 5-10 dolares ao inves de tomar uma facada de 150)

Odin, ouvi falar nesse site, mas dizem que ele nem funciona mais. Mas eu podia dar uma pesquisada. Você usa? Ele é confiável?

Translation: Marcio, i don't wanna give 150 reais on 50 psn dollars (i know it's almost the same but i prefer to buy 5-10 dollars stuff instead of getting 150 reais away)

Odin, i heard about this site, but they say it doesn't even work anymore. I could check it out though. Do you use it? Can i trust it?

I do love translating :)

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

I would say my kill rate is around 110 or so an hour if I'm solely playing Deathmatch, but I like to dabble in Skirmish and TDM now and then to get rid of the monotony. Currently, I'm at 1,402 kills (got like 200 kills today across all games, with like 40 coming in the last two matches I played).

KylieDog said:
For those that did 10k kill in R2 what was your kill rate per hour?

I've worked mine out and it ends up 151 kills a hour. Which would mean 66 hours worth total to get 10k kills, providing I don't get any better or worse at the game (better is likely though).

Just wondered what others people rate is.

I think I was around 120/hour by the time I reached 10k kills ( around 150 for DM, a lot less for TDM and Skirmish).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !