By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Once again, I've changed the system in the Platinum Leaderboard, trying to reward rare platinums even more

As always, tell me if anything's wrong.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Ok let's take a look to make sure it's all a ok. Everything looks good to me. Ty for the update.

Thanks for your feedback. It's really helpful as the errors are very random.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

John2290 said:
Also, I don't think tweeks to the points system should be implemented until Jan 1st, if changes have already been made that kind of voids the point of the league this year.

The tweaks only affect the platinum leaderboard, which isn't calculated yearly. Also, the tweaks affect all platinums earned in the past, too. They don't cause any inconsistencies.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Ty for the update. I wholeheartedly agree on the new system (yes im looking at you Mayo!) :D

Thanks for the update! Everything also seems to match up right on my numbers also so thats great :D

Around the Network
John2290 said:
WoodenPints said:
Finally got plat #50 Final Fantasy XV after a couple hours of fishing :D

Theres gotta be an easier way....right? Judging by Glads and Iggy's skill progression after 35 hours and me still being at level 2 fishing....40 hours of fishing? 50??

Ignis' cooking is easy to level up just spam the camp whilst watching TV  and it will take like 30 mins, Galdio's survival skill can be quite time consuming as it's leveled up by how much distance you've taken on foot and the easy way is to rubberband your analog sticks together overnight to finish it off otherwise you will be spending many hours running around.

KylieDog said:
ghettoglamour said:

With my solution right now a 30% plat is 1 point and a 1% one is 5 points, that's worth five times more. In your example a very rare plat is only 60% more worth than a common one.

You've completely ignored the issue of platinum difficulties.  DMC3 is a very hard plat and it's worth a shitty 2 points when it should be 4 or 5.  Basing score relative to average rarity means it's worth more points than all the easy platinums it is currently grouped with.

Look at the average plat difficulty of everyone and you'll see your scoring method makes plats from big selling games very rewarding and niche small selling games not worth anyones time.

Sorry but that's the con we have to deal with if we use the rarity system. That's also a very specific problem and I think the priority should be to reward rare plats instead of trying to balance the issue with niche games by making common plats more valuable.

An idea worth a try could be using the rarity percentage only within our league though. Maybe we as a group treat niche and big games more equally than the wide audience.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Completed beyond good and evil HD and got all trophies. It's BS that that there isn't a Platinum.

KylieDog said:
ghettoglamour said:

It's not though, I already gave you the solution using data you're already grabbing. All that is needed is the average worked out across all players instead of individual players and a basic addition or subtraction calculation.   Why do you keep ignoring this?

I didn't ignore it, I said I don't like it, because with that system a say 2% plat wouldn't be even twice as much worth than a 20% one. And I still don't see how this would solve the problem of niche games having more common trophies than big ones. As you even said, your DMC plat would still be worth less than a GTAV plat.

In addition to that, lets say two Uncharted plats would give you more points than a ultra rare MK plat. I really don't want that.

If I'm thinking wrong, please give me a better example so I can understand what you mean.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Getting close to having the Watch Dogs 2 plat. Not sure I want to go for it though because the online portion is annoying with how many people just disconnect. Also, not sure I want that as my 30th platinum trophy milestone...