By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

HideoK said:
Now that PS3's generation is just about all wrapped up what are your top 5 games of the generation?

Mine is very close between The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 at #1. I put way more time into Uncharted 2's multiplayer so I might give Uncharted 2 the edge overall. Third I might go with God of War III. Taking down all the Gods and Titans was so epic even though Kratos just mostly yells "ZEUUUUUUUS!" the whole game. haha. 4th I would say Metal Gear Solid 4, and 5th - Resident Evil 5. I know most people would say RE5 doesn't belong, but I had such an awesome time playing the co-op with one of my best friends. Interesting, if I switch the last of us to #1- then #2,3,4,5 all line up with a numbered sequel.

And because I have a hard time stopping at 5... 6) Uncharted 3, 7) Portal 2, 8) Fallout 3, 9) Bioshock, 10) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Yep, thats right (4) Naughty Dog games in my top 10!

nice!

I´d pick  for the top 10: Demon´s Souls, Heavy Rain, Bioshock, MGS4, Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, RE5, COD 4 Modern Warfare, Mortal Kombat and Super SF IV.

it was/it´s a great generation overral, I never played so many different kinds of games before, and thanks the trophies for that. in the ps2 generation it was all about rpgs for me. I´d easily list + 10 games do make a top20, sooo many good games!

portal 2, folklore, ghost recon future soldier, dirt 2, assassins brotherhood, bayoneta, batman arkham asylum, mirrors edge, fifa world cup, resistance 2, uncharted, etc...

And I still got play ni no kuni, last of us, bioshock infinite and uncharted 3. shame on me.

Around the Network

Dunno if I can pick a top 5 or order them, but my favorite games on PS3 this gen included:

Assassin's Creed 3
The Arkham games
Beyond: Two Souls
Borderlands 2
TES Skyrim
Fallout 3/NV
Guitar Hero Metallica
Mass Effect 2/3
The Uncharted series

Ninja gaiden sigma 2. ( 800hours+)
Metal gear rising revengeance
Resident evil 5
Batman arkham city
Super street fighter 4
Cod4
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2
Dead space 2

KylieDog said:
Lot of people seemed to like Resident Evil 5.

Were you all as disappointed in 6 as I was then?

Re6 was very bad in my view.

It's surprising to see how so many of us rank Re5 so high too, seeing how much critic it received for going away from traditional Resident evil.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

KylieDog said:

Ohh yes. My brother got it on 360. We played co-op the first 2 chapters, took out the disc never touched it again lol.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Indeed.  Loved 5 and hated 6.  It was weird because it seemed like only the good aspects of 5 were changed and nothing else.  Lol.

Top 5 gen 7:

Demons Souls

GTA V

Resistance 2

MGS4

Dead Space 2

Yeah I was surprised seeing how many RE5's made the top 5 as well.
And RE6 was a major disappointment for me after coming from RE5, I thought the strongest levels were the Leon chapters. I really didn't want Capcom to change anything from RE5. One big thing that ruined it for me was melee attacks became way too powerful.

Hope RE7 is more like 5 if they continue the same style of gameplay. I think I even prefer the stop to shoot controls as it adds a little more suspense when you cant just run and gun.

I've been working on FF14 for the last 4months, really enjoying the game but it's taking a toll on my Trophy hunting. On the brightside, just 1 trophy away from XCOM:Enemy Unknown Plat

KylieDog said:

If you absolutely loved RE6, then yes, I was just as disappointed as you were.

Thanks for the update Arc. You can see my top 10 in my sig. A very naughty top 10 indeed

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey