By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Anyone else working on the Borderlands 2 platinum

Around the Network

cmeese47 said:

I'm not so much working on the platinum as I am just having fun with the game.

KylieDog said:
PLayed a bit of Just Cause 2, free from PS+. The openworld kind of kills this game, too many empty areas of nothing, and the running about in it to blow stuff up just to start the missions sucks. If you die your progress towards unlocking the missions is reset back to last checkpoint.

I'd rather they just did it GTA style and gave you the missions straight up. I don't like to work in a game just for the funner parts to start. Sod plattng this, just not fun enough.

Felt the same way, just deleted it to make room for other stuff. I just can't get into that game....and when the main character talks it makes me want to punch babies.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Just got the Level 30 Accomplishment on YourGamerCards.net, with a trophy called "Pointless", i feel like its trying to tell me something >_

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
So MGS4 got the same rating as MGS2? Sorry but that is a joke. The difficulty between the two are worlds apart and MGS2 takes a hell of a lot longer to plat, in the way that MGS4s time consuming part can be done by leaving Snake hidden in a level for 36 hours while you go to work or watch TV, while you need be playing for every moment you spend platting MGS2.

Not really, my playtime on MGS4 was much higher than MGS2.  While I agree that MGS2 was more difficult, getting big boss emblem was very difficult and took almost as much trial and error as the VR missions in MGS2.  MGS4 is certainly more difficult than any 3 star plat I've ever played.

KylieDog said:
Ail said:
By the way, one of my prediction for next gen is starting to happen this gen on the PS3.
All the major releases of the last months have been available for preorder and day 1 digital release on the PSN..
They are even starting to offer discount for preorder, only for PS+ members though, and those discounts don't yet match up what Best Buy and Amazon are doing .

And it looks like it's only going to get better as most of the next big releases seem to be headed for the PSN too...

Well in SCEE regions digital releases are usually 125-150% of retail prices and never have discounts until they years old.  Digital never going to take off when like this.  Nobody going to pay £50-60 for a game when day one they are £40 in shops, offer all the benefits of a physical copy like lending to friends, taking with you to friends, reselling etc plus prices in europe, UK especially drop very fast, new releases drop from £40 to £20-25 usually within 4-8 weeks, sometimes even faster and even lower.

Agreed.  The fact that they're charging full retail price is disgraceful given that there are none of the added costs applied to physical copies such as material, shipping and retail markups.  I wouldn't buy a downloadable version on principal alone.

Level 22...Booya!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Interesting I'd be 13th place if I was on the last, got me 6329 points.

No wait 14th.