By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

KylieDog said:
Tbone said:
Mgs4 trophy list

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/03/metal-gear-solid-4-ps3-trophies-revealed/

Unless the hidden trophies are more than just story related things...1 star.

Really? I read somewhere the golds for collecting all music and weapons required all 40 emblems because you unlock a weapon and a music track once you have all emblems.

Around the Network
HideoK said:
KylieDog said:
Tbone said:
Mgs4 trophy list

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/03/metal-gear-solid-4-ps3-trophies-revealed/

Unless the hidden trophies are more than just story related things...1 star.

Really? I read somewhere the golds for collecting all music and weapons required all 40 emblems because you unlock a weapon and a music track once you have all emblems.

It is true. Getting all the iPod tracks requires you to get all the emblems, which the Big Boss Emblem is a part of.

KylieDog said:
Esquoret said:

Haha yeah... Well that's the same KylieDog we've seen around complaining about everything being too easy. Just the guy's trait.

Seriously though, for those that have played it, how many stars would this be rated?

Most games are overrated in difficulty, most people think "I found this hard" means a game is hard.  It doesn't, if an easy game is found hard it means the player is crap at that game or made it hard on themselves when did not need to, but few players will like to admit this.  Likewise someone who is a pro at certain game types calling a game easy doesn't make it so.

To plat MGS4 it turns out a BB run is required afterall, but if you go find a decent guide on youtube you'll realise just how easy it is, and it is very easily copied requiring no actual skill, unlike for example copying a trial from SFIV.

For BB run almost all areas of the game you can literally run through if you take the right path, use a chaff nade at right moment etc and a youtube vid shows you the perfect path and where to halt for a brief moment while a guard turns around, tells you everything.  If you wear the otacon mask in act 3 for example you can dance right in front the soldiers and they ignore you.  Guns you get from Drebin for repeat playthroughs allow you to 1-2 shot bosses. 

The only tough section is the bike chase since is the only part you lose control over so cannot stealth it following a guide.

There's a line between watching a video of it being done and actually doing it yourself. Trying to mimic something that someone has done on a video is not always easy, as there is plenty of trial and error involved at times. For instance, if you're a foot or so off on throwing a chaff grenade, then you might not be able to get through that section and will need to do it again; precision is key when trying to copy what someone does on a video.

According to the ps3trophies.org trophy guide for MGS4 the writers personal estimation is 8/10.
It takes at least 8 playthroughs on different difficulties and approx 80-100 hours to get all emblems.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-patriots/167253-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

KylieDog said:
Esquoret said:

Haha yeah... Well that's the same KylieDog we've seen around complaining about everything being too easy. Just the guy's trait.

Seriously though, for those that have played it, how many stars would this be rated?

Most games are overrated in difficulty, most people think "I found this hard" means a game is hard.  It doesn't, if an easy game is found hard it means the player is crap at that game or made it hard on themselves when did not need to, but few players will like to admit this.  Likewise someone who is a pro at certain game types calling a game easy doesn't make it so.

To plat MGS4 it turns out a BB run is required afterall, but if you go find a decent guide on youtube you'll realise just how easy it is, and it is very easily copied requiring no actual skill, unlike for example copying a trial from SFIV.

For BB run almost all areas of the game you can literally run through if you take the right path, use a chaff nade at right moment etc and a youtube vid shows you the perfect path and where to halt for a brief moment while a guard turns around, tells you everything.  If you wear the otacon mask in act 3 for example you can dance right in front the soldiers and they ignore you.  Guns you get from Drebin for repeat playthroughs allow you to 1-2 shot bosses. 

The only tough section is the bike chase since is the only part you lose control over so cannot stealth it following a guide.

My definition of gaming isn't watching some video of a guy playing a game and trying to exactly reproduce what he does step by step....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

MGS4 trophy patch has trophy hunters HUNGRY. All over the gaming internet!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Iveyboi said:
MGS4 trophy patch has trophy hunters HUNGRY. All over the gaming internet!

No kidding. It was one of the most sought after trophy patches ever since Sony introduced trophies and was still one of the most sought until they finally announced they were doing it.

I kind of anticipated this, but it appears that Persona 4 Arena is going to be a legitimately crazy plat. Apparently you can't use the second controller trick to beat score attack. And looking at videos of the challenge mode some combos are crazy hard. I'd love to start digging into MGS4 but I really don't want to take a break from SSF4 and possibly lose all the muscle memory I've built up. It was a red letter day on that front, finished up Ken, El Fuerte, Abel, and Ibuki finally. I can almost taste the plat. Of course I've still got a huge grind ahead of me even after finishing all the trials.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Soul calibur 5 has really some stupid trophies. 1 trophy is for walking 87000 meters, what the hell is the meaning of the trophy? Also online is silly, u can´t even see your opponents psn tag until u are at the character selection screen.

Need help I cant start chapter 2 in msg2 collection.

Edit nevermind I was suppose to chose plant for chapter 2 F%^k it took me like 3 hrs

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share