By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Tbone said:
Maybe change the league to top 100 also, could save some time :)

Except you don't know in advance who will be in the top 100 so you still have to grab everyone's information...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Just pre-ordered Diablo 3 and to make things worse I haven't turned on my PS3 since I started playing Starcraft 2 on Tuesday...( rocking the game with a kick ass 18 APM lol, well at least I have beat the computer a few times on very hard...)

The next 2 months are going to be very bad for trophies..............

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3, but I'm not sure my laptop can run it. Anyone know if the analyses performed at www.systemrequirementslab.com/ are accurate?

Well i´m officially done with Ninja gaiden 3. Can´t stand playing this unfinished and completely broken game.

Arcturus said:
I'm looking forward to Diablo 3, but I'm not sure my laptop can run it. Anyone know if the analyses performed at www.systemrequirementslab.com/ are accurate?

I don't know that site and I'm not keen on installing their software.

I've been gaming on my work laptop as it is the best computer in the house lol ;) ( I have a beast desktop at work so the laptop is mainly if I work from home and all I do with it is remote desktop). This laptop only has a quadro 1000M with 2G DDR3 for graphics but it has  4x 2.2Ghz cores, 8Gb of RAM and a nice if a little small SSD...( it scores 6.2 on windows experience because of the graphics, everything else is 7.5 or above, although I have no clue what that means).

I don't feel bad gaming on company property because I told them when they gave it to me that it was way too powerfull for what i would do with it ( ie : remote desltop).

Anyway this laptop runs Starcraft 2 very well, Shogun Total War 2 is very slow on it though.

But I checked Diablo 3 specs and I am above the recommanded specs for cpu and above  minimum spec for graphics so I should be fine ( my quadro 1000M is 50% better than the minimum recommanded graphic card it seems).

Best way to see if your laptop can run Diablo 3 is check your graphic card score at http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

The minimum spec card for D3 is a Geoforce 7800 GT which scores a pityfull 521... ( my quadro is 772, the best desktop  cards these days are over 3000, the best laptops cards around 2000).

Although to be honest you won't see any laptop with a card scoring 2000 as good laptops cards cost a fortune compared to good desktop cards ( a quadro 5000 that scores 2300 cost 1800$, a desktop geoforce GTX 580 that scores 3900 ( the best scoring card ) cost 410$...). The quadro 6000 that scores 3176 cost 4000$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( which means you can probably build a gaming laptop that cost like 7000$................)

Around the Network

Still collecting Bountys in Uncharted Vita, if any of you who have completed it could put it in and go to the black market every so often, it would be much apprecited, ive found you only have 3 hours to claim a bounty that someone posts, so ill be updating near more often now lol

Ail said:
Arcturus said:

I've been gaming on my work laptop as it is the best computer in the house lol ;) ( I have a beast desktop at work so the laptop is mainly if I work from home and all I do with it is remote desktop). This laptop only has a quadro 1000M with 2G DDR3 for graphics but it has  4x 2.2Ghz cores, 8Gb of RAM and a nice if a little small SSD...( it scores 6.2 on windows experience because of the graphics, everything else is 7.5 or above, although I have no clue what that means).

I don't feel bad gaming on company property because I told them when they gave it to me that it was way too powerfull for what i would do with it ( ie : remote desltop).

Anyway this laptop runs Starcraft 2 very well, Shogun Total War 2 is very slow on it though.

But I checked Diablo 3 specs and I am above the recommanded specs for cpu and above  minimum spec for graphics so I should be fine ( my quadro 1000M is 50% better than the minimum recommanded graphic card it seems).

Best way to see if your laptop can run Diablo 3 is check your graphic card score at http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

The minimum spec card for D3 is a Geoforce 7800 GT which scores a pityfull 521... ( my quadro is 772, the best desktop  cards these days are over 3000, the best laptops cards around 2000).

Although to be honest you won't see any laptop with a card scoring 2000 as good laptops cards cost a fortune compared to good desktop cards ( a quadro 5000 that scores 2300 cost 1800$, a desktop geoforce GTX 580 that scores 3900 ( the best scoring card ) cost 410$...). The quadro 6000 that scores 3176 cost 4000$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( which means you can probably build a gaming laptop that cost like 7000$................)

The very little PC gaming I do is on my work laptop as well. It's a decent machine with two 2.5GHz cores and 8 GB of ram.

I can't seem to find my video card on that benchmarking site. I've found it here though:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-FireGL-V5700.18783.0.html

Arcturus said:
Ail said:
Arcturus said:

The very little PC gaming I do is on my work laptop as well. It's a decent machine with two 2.5GHz cores and 8 GB of ram.

I can't seem to find my video card on that benchmarking site. I've found it here though:

the site you mention has my card too.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-1000M.47317.0.html

if you compare their results  my card gets about double the score of yours on the metrics they share ( 3D Mark 05 and 06).

So your card might actually be bellow the minimu specs for D3 but not by much..........

Ail said:
Arcturus said:
Ail said:
Arcturus said:

if you compare their results  my card gets about double the score of yours on the metrics they share ( 3D Mark 05 and 06).

So your card might actually be bellow the minimu specs for D3 but not by much..........

:(

Thanks for your help.

Arcturus said:
Ail said:
Arcturus said:
Ail said:
Arcturus said:

:(

Thanks for your help.

It seems to me that your laptop is bellow the minimal specs for graphics but above for cpu, it might run but it won't be very smooth...

Best advice right now would be to get in the beta if you can to test the game or wait till Blizzard releases some free restricted copy of D3 to test it........