By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

chenguo4 said:

Oh Kylie, I should also mention, don't expect your repaired PS3 to stick around for too long. My old one died again a week ago.

Yeah I woudn't expect it to last forever.

The guy that fixed mine actually gave me a 1 month warranty but I had already bought a new slim PS3 so I actually only turned on the old PS3 twice to get my saves out.

It should actually still be working but I haven't turned it on in 18 months ( I probably will soon as I didn't transfer my WipeOutHD saves and I got the Wipeout-Fury pack for free and I will probably take another shot at the platinum sometime this fall..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I notice lots of people on here always talk about changing the platinum ratings. I agree that PS3trophies.org have people who just vote within a very small range. An alternative way of doing it could be to use yourgamercard as if you click the game and then the platinum will give a % of how many people have gotten it. Obviously this system would have flaws as well. (new games would be low % for a while as would games that suck). Another thing that could change is give it a 10 star rating instead of 5 to give a greater variance.

Dont know if either of these were suggested before and any changes would be a lot of work, and is the work even worth the end result.

Since the Uncharted beta has ended *Sad face* and I'm not ready to jump back into KZ3 multiplayer just yet I've decided to buy some games off the PSN store summer sale and this is what I got Chime Super Deluxe, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and RISK: Factions

Anyone else buy anything?

AFFLICTION said:
Since the Uncharted beta has ended *Sad face* and I'm not ready to jump back into KZ3 multiplayer just yet I've decided to buy some games off the PSN store summer sale and this is what I got Chime Super Deluxe, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and RISK: Factions

You know what - I barely played U3 beta.

I dotn know what happens, just doesnt really get my attention.

and the really weird part is that its the only multiplayer I actually kick ass instead of getting my ass kicked on a regular basis.

Maybe Im a masochist.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

viewtiful_jon said:
I notice lots of people on here always talk about changing the platinum ratings. I agree that PS3trophies.org have people who just vote within a very small range. An alternative way of doing it could be to use yourgamercard as if you click the game and then the platinum will give a % of how many people have gotten it. Obviously this system would have flaws as well. (new games would be low % for a while as would games that suck). Another thing that could change is give it a 10 star rating instead of 5 to give a greater variance.

Dont know if either of these were suggested before and any changes would be a lot of work, and is the work even worth the end result.

A few months back, I briefly looked at the percentages over at yourgamercard to see if those could be used as indicators for platinum ratings. From what I recall, the percentages actually line up pretty well with the current platinum ratings. For example, most games that were < 10% were rated 5 stars here, between 10% and 20% = 4 stars, etc.

Maybe I'll put together a large list of 50 games or so to see how the percentages translate to platinum ratings.

Around the Network

Would somebody help me with Demon's Souls Stone collecting trophy ?

I lost my first saves when my PS3 was stolen and now I am on my 4th playthrough on my new system and really want that platinum !

Also I never traded anything but I m willing to help too !

Thanks

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

marciosmg said:
AFFLICTION said:

You know what - I barely played U3 beta.

I dotn know what happens, just doesnt really get my attention.

and the really weird part is that its the only multiplayer I actually kick ass instead of getting my ass kicked on a regular basis.

Maybe Im a masochist.

At first I really didn't like it but over time it grew on me so much so that I got addicted to it lol :P But you're right everyone seems to suck at Uncharted online for some reason because I have 300 wins with only 50 losses & 6200 kills with 2200 deaths so it's obvious no one knows what they're doing

Ail said:
Well I just preordered pretty much every game I was planning to buy in September-December period.

Best Buy has an offer where if you preorder 5 titles you get 100$ in reward zone rewards so I preordered the following :

- Skyrim
- Resistance 3
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Batman : Arkham's city
- Uncharted 3

Pretty awesome deal, that's $20 off each game basically. I'd so do it, but I'm not sure there's 5 titles I want to preorder. :-/

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

chenguo4 said:
Ail said:
Well I just preordered pretty much every game I was planning to buy in September-December period.

Best Buy has an offer where if you preorder 5 titles you get 100$ in reward zone rewards so I preordered the following :

- Skyrim
- Resistance 3
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Batman : Arkham's city
- Uncharted 3

Pretty awesome deal, that's $20 off each game basically. I'd so do it, but I'm not sure there's 5 titles I want to preorder. :-/

yeah usually those deals force you to buy titles you are not interested in so I was kind of surprise to see that they had 5 titles that I was planning to buy no matter what...

The only catch in the deal is that you get your 100$ once you have picked up the 5th game ( my guess is to protect themselves from people that preoder, pick store pick up but never purchase the games in the end).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

AFFLICTION said:

i've been on the psn store a fair bit recently i bought under siege and magic 2012 and want guardian of light and that might magic game although i haven't been on the summer sale yet

Above & Beyond