By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Thanks for the update, Arcturus!

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network

Thanks for the update! Should be able to plat inFamous 2 by next week and get back to tie for the 5th spot on the platinum leaderboard. Unless Dark Odin makes a move of course.

Just beat the game on good karma last night. Will have to play hard difficulty on evil karma. Got all blast shards on my first run too. Finding all the blast shards this time around was a piece of cake since you can buy a lvl 3 ability called Blast Sense that will always point out the closest blast shard on the map, no matter how far away it is.

chenguo4 said:
Arcturus said:

You'd be surprised at the number of PMs I get requesting to join from people with less than 100 posts. They've managed to read enough of the first post to know that they have to PM me, but they fail to read the part about needing 100+ posts to join.

Maybe I should highlight that part better.

Always put the most important info first. Also, maybe in big bright red bold letters, say you'll be permabanned if you ask without 100 posts. That'll be damn effective, I bet

Just got elite campaign legend in wipeout hd. Joke compared to GT5, only thing difficult was the tournament in the final stage on phantom speed (which was damn hard, the AI seemed overly aggressive).

From the description though, Zone Zeus and Beat Zico will be epically hard... Tbone and whoever else got the wipeout plat, which one did you think was harder, and how much harder was it than elite campaign legend?

I beat Zico they day i tried it so it was easier for me than Zone zeus. Overall though i think Elite campaign legend was hardest. Like i said before i think Wipeout is a bit overrated actually. Ngs2 is way harder :)

Thx for the update Arcturus.

I´m just wondering how did people  plat Mirror´s edge, i found it really boring. Play 1 chapte then quit the game.

postofficebuddy said:

I'm not sure if it's been patched but right after the final speed pad use the boost and hold down the select button. It will nullify the lap time but let you use the boost again right before the start of the next lap. You'll still need to have a very good lap though.

Interesting, so it basically saves you that save-boost-lap when you fuck up? Might try it, will save half the time.

I'm down to 30.98 after an hour and a half. Might be getting too sleepy to do this today, but will push on for just a bit more.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

the ps3 trophies site has had an update too,iworks nicer from the old ps3 anyway

good work arcturus,i'm playing burnout paradise for free and xenostar & gurgle are the only people on my friends list around here so i'm seeing your times and stuff from a couple of years back,lol,its still a fun game

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
the ps3 trophies site has had an update too,iworks nicer from the old ps3 anyway

good work arcturus,i'm playing burnout paradise for free and xenostar & gurgle are the only people on my friends list around here so i'm seeing your times and stuff from a couple of years back,lol,its still a fun game

Oh man i use to be addicted to Burnout Paradise, clocked over 200 hours of online play and got 102% complete on both cars and Bikes. Got 100% on the trophies as well there not that hard but there is over 90 off them :D

FINALLY!

Super SF IV plat is mine!

Another week that I forget to sync my trophies.

Not that I won many (only a few bronze), but still, they are piling up!

Thanks Arcturus for the usual great job!

PS - I will probably get Enslaved by Friday. I think.

Hope its an easy plat. havent got a plat in awhile.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

KylieDog said:
I still say LA Noire is 1 star, and I have that plat now. If it is gonna stay 3 then the platinum league turning into a joke. Too many easy games getting high ratings and games that are harder getting lower ones.

What exactly in LA Noire is even close to being equally as challenging as beating CoD World at War on Veteran? Or the Spec Ops missions in MW2? Or Dead Space 2 on hardcore? It is apparently harder than Impossible in Dead Space 1.

There is sod all challenging in LA Noire. Nothing.

@ yakuzaIce, chenguo4, finalsquall, HideoK: After earning the plat for LA Noire, what do you think the difficulty rating for LA Noire should be? 

Arcturus said:
KylieDog said:
I still say LA Noire is 1 star, and I have that plat now. If it is gonna stay 3 then the platinum league turning into a joke. Too many easy games getting high ratings and games that are harder getting lower ones.

What exactly in LA Noire is even close to being equally as challenging as beating CoD World at War on Veteran? Or the Spec Ops missions in MW2? Or Dead Space 2 on hardcore? It is apparently harder than Impossible in Dead Space 1.

There is sod all challenging in LA Noire. Nothing.

@ yakuzaIce, chenguo4, finalsquall, HideoK: After earning the plat for LA Noire, what do you think the difficulty rating for LA Noire should be? 

I'm just about to get the platinum too - like in about 20min. (just gotta get one more case 5 stars)

I'd like to argue that LA Noire is anything but a 1 star.

The Auto Fanatic trophy is a tricky collectible trophy, because what you're trying to collect appears fairly random (80% of the locations using guides actually don't work) and are moving some of the time, as they're cars on the road. And the cars are sometimes very similar in design, which makes finding the one even harder. Not to mention that the map is huge. Some people spend a couple of hours looking for a single model - that time is equivalent to the time needed to finish a lot of 1 star games.

So one game takes a couple of swift hours to get the platinum, the other a couple of frustrating hours to find one collectible (out of 95) for a single trophy. This is one argument that the two games cannot both be 1 star.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin