By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Esquoret said:

Hey guys with Portal 2, I gots a question.

I've always thought that the point of having a PC code that comes with PS3 version of Portal 2 is so that you can link your PS3 to a Steam account (this part I'm sure it works), then be able to play Co-op with someone - one person on PS3, and one on the PC using the account you just activated through PS3 and the code (this part I'm more unsure after reading some posts).

Is it actually like this: When you link your PS3 with a Steam account, that's essentially still one single Steam account (which you can access on console and computer alike). But one account can't be logged-on on two places (PS3 PC) at the same time, hence you can't really play co-op with just one copy of Portal 2?

Is my latter logic correct?

If that is the case, and in turns of getting the Professor Portal trophy: Would it just be better if I give that PC code to someone else, so that their Steam account has nothing to do with my PSN account, and then I could actually play co-op with them since it's two separate accounts?

OR - Is the code only usable on the Steam account that is linked to the PSN account of the person who is using the same copy of Portal 2?

Sorry, so confused.

In getting that trophy, has just getting your co-op partner to make a new account on PSN worked?

just need a friend to create a new PSN account to get it, unfortunatley i think psn account cration is down at the moment, i also need the trophy so would be happen to help you out when we can create accounts again. 

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:
Tbone said:

Well 5 people have done it from the league :) Personally i think its a bit overrated its not really that hard as many claim it is. For instance i beat Zico same day i tried it. Zone zues was a bit of pain and only last event was hard on Elite Campaign Legend.

I suggest that u beat Campaign first to get the Silver skin which u need for the Bling brigade trophy. I still have the game so i can help if u want to.

Ah so there's multiplayer? Interesting. I just might take you up on that offer. Of course, I'd have to get good enough to not embarass myself in front of the great Tbone.

It'd be interesting to compare how hard the courses in this one are to the hardest events in GT5... I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Lol, i doubt i know how to play the game anymore :) the trophy requires though 8 players and all most have the Silver skin to achieve it.

DIrt 3 trophy list. First game with 4 dlc packs on release.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/dirt-3/trophies/

Hello all, long time super stalker here. Is there anyone out there who can help me get two trophies in Portal 2. The hug three friends one (I have no friends....) and the Proffessor Portal one.

Anyone??? :(

Gazza__89

Around the Network

I noticed a few of you have upgraded your HDD in your PS3, Is this the one you used http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Drive-WD5000BEVT/dp/B001JSSDGU/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1305931267&sr=1-17 ? Also does it transfer everything over, like trophies all games and the accounts. Will these games still work if I can no longer log into the accounts to activate them since I no longer know the passwords to them and used a email I just made up? Probally no point upgrading if I will lose half my downloaded games when switching over.

viewtiful_jon said:

I noticed a few of you have upgraded your HDD in your PS3, Is this the one you used http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Drive-WD5000BEVT/dp/B001JSSDGU/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1305931267&sr=1-17 ? Also does it transfer everything over, like trophies all games and the accounts. Will these games still work if I can no longer log into the accounts to activate them since I no longer know the passwords to them and used a email I just made up? Probally no point upgrading if I will lose half my downloaded games when switching over.

Yep, that's the exact same HDD I used to upgrade my PS3 just a month or two ago. When you do a complete HDD backup, install the new HDD, then do the restore backup, everything looks and functions as it did before the upgrade.

Hey guys, I am looking for someone who can hook me up with the COOP trophy in Uncharted 2. None of my friends have U2 so I am kind of screwed in that one and it is the only trophy I am missing for the Platinum. 

Also, I am looking for people who want to unlock and help me unlock the Resident Evil 5 Versus trophies. My plan is to gather other three people who will team up and take turn to unlock the trophies until we all unlock the trophies we need. 

And finally, I would like to unlock some online trophies for Motorstorm Pacific Rift. There is no one playing that game online anymore so there is no way to unlock those trophies. So if you are interested in unlocking those trophies, contact me. 

I am willing to help the guys that help me. If you would like to team up with me to unlock any of the above games, just send me a message and we can make arrengements. :)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Arcturus said:
viewtiful_jon said:

Yep, that's the exact same HDD I used to upgrade my PS3 just a month or two ago. When you do a complete HDD backup, install the new HDD, then do the restore backup, everything looks and functions as it did before the upgrade.

Excellent. Thats all I needed to know as I read a confusing post that made it sound like you would have to log into all the accounts before games were activated again, but I couldnt really understand the post properly so was unsure so glad I checked.

Also need help with the Spelunker multiplayer trophies if anyone else needs them message me so we can work at them together.

Esquoret said:

Hey guys with Portal 2, I gots a question.

I've always thought that the point of having a PC code that comes with PS3 version of Portal 2 is so that you can link your PS3 to a Steam account (this part I'm sure it works), then be able to play Co-op with someone - one person on PS3, and one on the PC using the account you just activated through PS3 and the code (this part I'm more unsure after reading some posts).

Is it actually like this: When you link your PS3 with a Steam account, that's essentially still one single Steam account (which you can access on console and computer alike). But one account can't be logged-on on two places (PS3 PC) at the same time, hence you can't really play co-op with just one copy of Portal 2?

Is my latter logic correct?

If that is the case, and in turns of getting the Professor Portal trophy: Would it just be better if I give that PC code to someone else, so that their Steam account has nothing to do with my PSN account, and then I could actually play co-op with them since it's two separate accounts?

OR - Is the code only usable on the Steam account that is linked to the PSN account of the person who is using the same copy of Portal 2?

Sorry, so confused.

In getting that trophy, has just getting your co-op partner to make a new account on PSN worked?

You can play local co-op too.