By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

yo_john117 said:

Hey I have a question for you guys....I started Uncharted: Drakes Fortune not too long ago but it didn't get updated due to PSN being down so right now it doesn't have the trophies patch. So when PSN does come online will it automatically update the game and give me the trophies that I have earned so far in that game.

Nope.

You need the patch to earn the trophies.

What is weird is that you need the PSN to get the patch.

I've been able to patch a few games without actually being connected to the PSN.( I put CastleVania in my PS3 for the first time last week and it downloaded a patch).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
yo_john117 said:

Hey I have a question for you guys....I started Uncharted: Drakes Fortune not too long ago but it didn't get updated due to PSN being down so right now it doesn't have the trophies patch. So when PSN does come online will it automatically update the game and give me the trophies that I have earned so far in that game.

Nope.

You need the patch to earn the trophies.

What is weird is that you need the PSN to get the patch.

I've been able to patch a few games without actually being connected to the PSN.( I put CastleVania in my PS3 for the first time last week and it downloaded a patch).

Wow that sucks :/ 

Is there a way I can try to manually update the game? Maybe I can squeeze a few trophies out of the game before I beat it.

That's surprising that patches still work when then PSN is down. I did a quick google search to see if the Uncharted: Drakes Fortune patch was possibly available online and I found this website:

http://www.psxstore.com/en/1614/games-and-patches/ps3/patches/uncharted-drakes-fortune-patch-110-bcus98103.html

Good luck! I never patched PS3 games from the PC before so I hope it works for you. Worse case scenario... you may have to reformat your ps3 hard drive if it doesn't.

Xenostar said:

Can you carry on leveling your main character in the DLC then, i dunno if i want to do a second playthrough to get to level 50, id rather do it in new content, or is there something new and fun in a new game plus

Yes, you can go up to lvl 69 total. In fact, the best way to farm bettwer weapons, mods, etc. is Crawmerax. Though I can only beat him with a glitch and it still takes some luck sometimes.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

...and it's going to be another week without an update.

Around the Network

Going to be away for 5 days so for once I don't feel so bad about PSN being down.......

Haven't been getting many trophies these last 10 days anyway as I got back to GT5.

Still a long way to go to the plat but I am slowing making progress...

Working on the Grand Tour Eiger right now, I found the right way to do it , now I just have to execute ( standing at 17.23 right now and if I add all my best intermediates times together my potential is around 16.7 and I need to be bellow 17.00 so definitly possible...)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

About the only thing I have done since PSN has been down is get most of the Spelunker trophies. Got a few other random ones but nothing significant. Planned on trying to take it a bit easier on trophies anyway so its not to bad to have only earned so few the last few weeks.

I'm just curious, but who all has a facebook? 

I'm looking forward to see who is on top of the busiest member list

as alot of people probably stopt lvling at  online mp games and startet rushing through their sp backlog

A203D said:

By the way it seems i'm still the only person who platinumed Vanquish - anyone attempted Tactical Challenge 6 on this game - i want to know what people thought of this.

it was the most ball bustin trophy i think i had to get tbh!

Edit: chers for the Bioshock 2 tips guys!

Couldn't unlock 6, didn't beat 4. I didn't find this game fun enough to repeat waves over and over, though eventually I'll probably give it another go just cause it's a blemish on my trophy list.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes