By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Beat Portal 2 single player over the weekend and got 100% of the single player trophies. Now I just need the online back so I can finish the co-op and get all those trophies for platinum.

The single player was really fun and had a bunch of challenging puzzles. It also has a chapter select when you beat it by going to New game, which made trophy cleanup a lot easier since I missed about 8 trophies the first play. I didn't look anything up the first time through and I was able to solve all puzzles by myself. One of the puzzles took me close to an hour I think before I finally figured out the solution!

Some of the trophies are really tricky and you would have no idea how to get without looking them up... like the rat den radio one, and one trophy even requires you to kill yourself at a certain part! After dying and as your previous save is loading back up, the trophy pops. Never would have guessed that. lol

Around the Network

Oh yeah forgot to mention ive also done all the Single player trophies on Portal2, cant wait for PSN to come back online to try the multiplayer stuff. 

lol cant believe i forgot about portal2, best game of the year easily so far. 

HideoK said:

Beat Portal 2 single player over the weekend and got 100% of the single player trophies. Now I just need the online back so I can finish the co-op and get all those trophies for platinum.

The single player was really fun and had a bunch of challenging puzzles. It also has a chapter select when you beat it by going to New game, which made trophy cleanup a lot easier since I missed about 8 trophies the first play. I didn't look anything up the first time through and I was able to solve all puzzles by myself. One of the puzzles took me close to an hour I think before I finally figured out the solution!

Some of the trophies are really tricky and you would have no idea how to get without looking them up... like the rat den radio one, and one trophy even requires you to kill yourself at a certain part! After dying and as your previous save is loading back up, the trophy pops. Never would have guessed that. lol

I actually felt let down by the lack of challenge in single player.  There wasn't anything that stumped me for too long like the first game.  The only thing tricky about this game was them hiding areas you could reach.

Yeah Portal 2 is my fav game of the year so far! I would give it a 9.5/10. 

@Fadetoone - I will agree with you that a lot of the challenge did come from finding hidden areas that you needed to reach first to setup portals, hit a switch or paint the ground with gel before you could solve some puzzles.

I think Portal 1 Single Player was easier though, except for some of the special challenge maps after you beat the game.

I've also finished the single player portion of Portal 2 and have collected all of the single player trophies. I had a chance to try out some local co-op too.

Around the Network

So far this year I would rank my fav games in order as follows:

Portal 2, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Little Big Planet 2, Crysis 2, and PixelJunk Shooter 2.  Everything is a sequel # 2 but 1 game. lol

Can't wait for L.A. Noire in 2 weeks and then Infamous 2 in a month. L.A. Noire was even demo'd at the Tribeca Film Festival recently. It's cool to see games get more attention from film critics with more talk about games breaking into cinema, becoming more cinematic and becoming regonized as an art form. Of course we all know games can be an art form long before (just look at the graphics!)... and game stories can be way more compelling than a 2 hour movie.

Let's see...I have the platinum for Dynasty Warriors 7 and I've finished all of the DLC for Fallout 3 now, losing count of how many times my game had frozen while playing them. I've almost got the plat on Medal of Honor: Frontline, as I only need to finish the game on Hard (only on the third stage) and to get one other miscellaneous trophy. I started playing some of the campaign for the new Medal of Honor as well, which I am enjoying so far.

HideoK said:

Yeah Portal 2 is my fav game of the year so far! I would give it a 9.5/10. 

@Fadetoone - I will agree with you that a lot of the challenge did come from finding hidden areas that you needed to reach first to setup portals, hit a switch or paint the ground with gel before you could solve some puzzles.

I think Portal 1 Single Player was easier though, except for some of the special challenge maps after you beat the game.

The first game started stumping me on the level where you had to drop into a hole and keep shooting portals while you were flying through the air to get higher.  Once you figured out how the momentum figured in, it became easy.  There was nothing too crazy like that to learn about in this one.

I think the biggest problem I had in 2 was the room with the vault hatch that you have to get into the high room in the corner to open the hatch.  I spent more time than I should have just because it looked like the eventual way I got there had parts of the wall blocking the way which made me not try it for a while.

MasterVG71782 said:

I've almost got the plat on Medal of Honor: Frontline

How many tries did it take you to find the UFO in the level On Track? It took me almost an hour before i happened to see a shadow on the ground then I im looked up and saw it to get my trophy

AFFLICTION said:
MasterVG71782 said:

I've almost got the plat on Medal of Honor: Frontline

How many tries did it take you to find the UFO in the level On Track? It took me almost an hour before i happened to see a shadow on the ground then I im looked up and saw it to get my trophy

Well, I tend to have a habit of looking over a trophy guide beforehand for some games, so I knew about the UFO before I started that level. That means I got the trophy on my first try.