By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

I guess the PSN downtime isn't affecting me too much, since I don't play many multiplayer games.

Anyways, Fallout 3 GOTY freezing has started to annoy me to no ends now. The game froze up on me like 3 times yesterday, so I'm pretty much saving every time I do any progress. I have managed to finish two of the DLCs (Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel) and am currently on Point Lookout (discovering all locations before I start with the quests). I guess I'm saving the other two DLCs for last because of the collection trophies associated with them.

Also, I need to stop buying new games! I ordered Splatterhouse and Enslaved from Amazon yesterday for like $30 total (Splatterhouse is like $17 new there for now, for anyone interested), plus I know I'm going to be getting Infamous 2 in June when it comes out.

Around the Network

Well, it looks like there isn't going to be an update today...

Arcturus said:

You just missing this week or will you do an update when PSN comes back, id say wait as you wont really know how much notice people will need to sync there trophies

Xenostar said:
Arcturus said:

You just missing this week or will you do an update when PSN comes back, id say wait as you wont really know how much notice people will need to sync there trophies

If PSN isn't back online today, then I'll probably wait til next Tuesday to do the update.

MasterVG71782 said:

I guess the PSN downtime isn't affecting me too much, since I don't play many multiplayer games.

Anyways, Fallout 3 GOTY freezing has started to annoy me to no ends now. The game froze up on me like 3 times yesterday, so I'm pretty much saving every time I do any progress. I have managed to finish two of the DLCs (Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel) and am currently on Point Lookout (discovering all locations before I start with the quests). I guess I'm saving the other two DLCs for last because of the collection trophies associated with them.

Also, I need to stop buying new games! I ordered Splatterhouse and Enslaved from Amazon yesterday for like $30 total (Splatterhouse is like $17 new there for now, for anyone interested), plus I know I'm going to be getting Infamous 2 in June when it comes out.

Fallout 3 froze for me constantly with the DLC, i didnt have the GOTY edition i just downloaded them off PSN but i remember it freezing at least 10 times during operation anchorage and countless more during the other DLC.  A friend told me that being signed out of PSN helped but i really doubt that if you are having issues with PSN completely down.  it was really annoying

Around the Network
HideoK said:
Esquoret said:

Got the Dead Space 2 platinum trophy today - and it's actually my birthday too! =P

Congrats on Dead Space 2 platinum and thanks for the report! Only 5 hours wasted, not bad... I think I wasted around 6 or 7 myself. And I didn't even know you could die on the eye surgery! I remember wondering that, so I was very careful each time I attempted it. I bet it's got a funny animation when you mess it up.

As for the PSN outage it really hasn't effected me. Been too busy so I haven't played any games for the past 6 days anyways. Might start Portal 2 single player tonight tho.

Getting to the first save is the most stressing I think, especially when things aren't very upgraded. First time I died it felt pretty bad. And then dying a few more times you start to doubt whether this is possible at all.

But once you got through it, saving a game never felt more satisfying. I also backed up my save on a USB too just in case lol.

The eye surgery death is super sudden. The annoying part is you don't know when the last press of X button is, and if Issac just happens to flick his eye another way, causing the beam to go red (instead of blue), and then you press X, the whole things just instantly ends up in your eye and it's a bloody end. Why can't he stay still?! A stupid cheap one-shot death in the context of Hardcore Mode - more random than the flying sequences (at least those you actually can remember the paths of the debris). So I'd definitely recommend a save there for anyone attempting.

PSN outage - I'm just worried about the speculation as to whether credit card information has been compromised, as mine is saved on the network, so I'm checking my card daily to check for unauthorised expenditure.Sony would also really be in deepshit and lose alot of customers if that happens...

AFFLICTION said:

Congrats on the plat and happy birthday to you good sir!

Thank you =)

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

KylieDog said:

Wow just read on some gaming news sites any trophies that were unsynced before PSN was taken offline and any earned until it is restored will be voided and you will need earn them again.

Just kiding...

that is doubtfull.

how is the current thing different from someone that plays offline for a month and then decides to sync all that he has earned ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

KylieDog said:

Wow just read on some gaming news sites any trophies that were unsynced before PSN was taken offline and any earned until it is restored will be voided and you will need earn them again.

Just kidding...

Yeah, I doubt that's going to happen. I'm sure there are plenty of people who play offline for a good while, earn a good amount of trophies, and then go online and sync them all at once. The fact that you can earn trophies while not connected to PSN at all should be proof to that.

Just because I got a new Platinum this week PSN is down.

KylieDog said:
MasterVG71782 said:
KylieDog said:

Wow just read on some gaming news sites any trophies that were unsynced before PSN was taken offline and any earned until it is restored will be voided and you will need earn them again.ust kidding...

Yeah, I doubt that's going to happen. I'm sure there are plenty of people who play offline for a good while, earn a good amount of trophies, and then go online and sync them all at once. The fact that you can earn trophies while not connected to PSN at all should be proof to that.

Just like trophies earned during the leap year fiasco right?  I had to re-do several Heavy Rain trophies due to that.

Our credit card details may well be stolen and now they want to take away our trophies too?! WTF.

What's this leap year thing?

Seriously hate hackers right now. They're worse than bank robbers.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin