By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Im down one place.

But thanks for the great job as always, Arcturus!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
chenguo4 said:

It's fun and definitely worth a rent, though not a buy. I got it b/c of a $30 Best Buy sale, and with how much I've played and how far I'm in it feels more like a $20 game. There's only easy and normal, no hard, which is my biggest gripe with the game.

Also, if I remember right it's ** plat; it's not. It should be a *, no question.

Most games are overated in stars.  The flaw is that the ratings are based on PS3trophies.org and almost nobody uses the low numbers on that except the same people out to troll ratings who vote Ninja Gaiden a 1 star, you read comments like "This game is super easy, I give it a 4" which 2 stars.  Or "This game is easy but I missed a collectable so had to play through a second time, so instead of 4 I give it a 7".

Not to mention they do promote use of glitches and rate down as being easier because of it, but we are meant to frown on that here.

Prince of Persia: TFS is a great game, lots of fun, but easy as hell to play and to plat.  Can do it in one playhtrough which is about 8 hours probably, including watching cutscenes.

Well, Kylie I know you've been vocal about the difficulty ratings, but I  think in general we're doing just fine with them. I counted the stars with a couple shell commands, and there are 147 games, totaling 346 *s, for an average of 2.35. Our ratings being 1-5, we should expect an average closer to 3. So if anything, on the whole we're underrating our difficulty a little bit.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

@Chenguo4

Actually I would expect a bit lower than a 3 (like a 2.35 is pretty good). Considering more people are going to plat all the easier 1-2 star games then they will plat 4-5 star games.

But surprisingly enough we do have most of the 5 star games represented though. (1) Street Fighter 4 plat, (1) Ninja Gaiden Sigma plat, (1) White Knight Chronicles, (5) Wipeout HD.

Only other 5 star game I can think of that we don't have is Fight Night Round 4.

Anyone know of any other games that are considered a 10/10 difficulty at ps3trophies.org or 5 stars?

Wow 145 people voted 10 for Fight Night Round 4. The average is at 9.5 difficulty. Getting the only online belt for each class makes it nearly impossible.

10 jokesters voted a 1.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fight-night-round-4/15511-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Edit: Apparently whoever holds a belt in each of the 3 weight classes has 65 hours to fight 3 times to defend it.

For me (who I played)... Street Fighter IV is five stars (10/10), but Wipeout HD is just four stars (8/10).

Wipeout HD is not harder after all... it's more practice.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

If the champions are losing when they play they can quit to XMB and keep the belt.

- Actually I just checked and apparently its a group of friends now passing the belts around to eachother so no one else can get them.

Wow, that's really broken. Worst trophy design ever.

HideoK said:

Wow 145 people voted 10 for Fight Night Round 4. The average is at 9.5 difficulty. Getting the only online belt for each class makes it nearly impossible.

10 jokesters voted a 1.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fight-night-round-4/15511-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Edit: Apparently whoever holds a belt in each of the 3 weight classes has 65 hours to fight 3 times to defend it.

Other 5 star plats are Super street fighter 4 and Star ocean 4 i think.

Funny if u check the The ps3 trophy guide u would think both Virtua tennis 09 and Way of the samurai 3 are 5 star plats because they are rated Extremely hard and Hard. Thats not the case its just that its huge grind lol.

http://www.ps3trophyguide.com/t/view/338/0

http://www.ps3trophyguide.com/t/view/885/0

@TBone

I guess there's not a lot of people with the Way of the Samurai 3 plat is because you need to beat it 21 times (although each ending only takes like 1-2 hours max if you rush through it) and the grind needed to get all 102 weapons (although you could probably go without a few of the more common ones; plus you'll need to reset a lot for some of the rare weapons).

Lost Planet 2 is shaping up to be a 5 star plat, if not at least a 4 star one. I've been reading that all of the online stuff is quite tedious and challenging to get, not to mention the grind associated with some of the other trophies. I remember reading that someone had like 200 hours invested in the online portion and was nowhere close to getting everything associated with the trophies.

MasterVG71782 said:

@TBone

I guess there's not a lot of people with the Way of the Samurai 3 plat is because you need to beat it 21 times (although each ending only takes like 1-2 hours max if you rush through it) and the grind needed to get all 102 weapons (although you could probably go without a few of the more common ones; plus you'll need to reset a lot for some of the rare weapons).

Lost Planet 2 is shaping up to be a 5 star plat, if not at least a 4 star one. I've been reading that all of the online stuff is quite tedious and challenging to get, not to mention the grind associated with some of the other trophies. I remember reading that someone had like 200 hours invested in the online portion and was nowhere close to getting everything associated with the trophies.

Lost planet 2 is just stupid really, i can´t believe Capcom made such bullshit trophies.

My PS3 scared me today. I turned it on and the PS3 logo appeared, but the XMB didnt.

I did a quick search online and found out that it was corruption on my HDD. But there was a way to fix it (restore files).

So my PS3 is back and no save was lost.

Also, I finally surrendered and got PlaystationPlus.

There were 2 free games available that I wanted - Critter Crunch and Syphon Filter. Plus, a couple of Minis too. So, since I also got the 3 extra months promotion, Im pretty sure Im gonna get my money's worth.

www.jamesvandermemes.com