By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Individual post view enable again.

Cool, thanks for pointing that out.

Now, I have to see if I can get the edit post link.

Neat, I got banned because my criticism of the site wasn't constructive.  Obviously everyone else here complaining about it was constructive, right?  Also mentioned it being off topic.  So here's some more criticism (hopefully constructive this time):  I'm pretty sure my comparison to lining up the web designers for the firing squad with the trophy designers for Fight Night and Lost Planet was completely on topic (and warranted).  Missing features are going to be returning soon?  Finish them before updating your site so it isn't falling apart until you're done.  My friend checked out a page and 23 of 37 HTTP requests (in one page load!) had 403 permission errors.  There are a number of reasons that's just horrible web design.  Then you have mods that like to just randomly throw around bans like they're candy, just because they now have power to weild (it's okay that you had no fun in high school, you'll turn out fine dude).  PSN doesn't ban us for saying they have shitty trophies (see, that's constructive AND on topic).

So on that note, I think I'll drop this site like a bad habit.  I think that's at least the 5th time that I'm aware of being banned for some asinine reason so between that and the horrible redesign (hey, at least they got rid of the damn t-shirt link across the page background) doesn't make me want to stay around here.

Let me know when someone moves this league to a better, more entertaining site (perhaps cheapassgamer) that has less intrusive moderation.

See you guys, it's been fun.

Just got 100% completion in Red Deads singleplayer was actually easy did it legit as usual :P

And i think the site warrants it's new found scrutiny as first immpressions make it look fugly

Anyone else having trouble viewing tables on the site now? It seems like any tables with a lot of columns get cut off because they're too long in threads. Also, I was looking at a thread earlier with last week's hardware numbers and the table wouldn't show up at all.

I'm trying to debate on whether to get to GR15 so I can play around with the Georama portion of WKC to try and get the 50 binds for the GR13 Georama armor, which would make the 450 bind trophy come a lot easier, OR I could just try to bind as much as possible of the available gear.

Around the Network

The platinum list links are broken at the moment. I forgot to remove the "www." from each link. I'll have this fixed in next week's update. In the mean time, if you want to view a platinum list, simply remove the "www." from the link.

@Fadetoone

I don't think you should take getting banned for a day so personally and leave because of that. Sure your angry now and there's no doubt you got banned for a bad reason. Obviously it was the mod who took your comment too personally about the new redesign.

Well I hope you change your mind. We'll miss your contributions in the league if you really decide to go.

fadetoone said:

Neat, I got banned because my criticism of the site wasn't constructive.  Obviously everyone else here complaining about it was constructive, right?  Also mentioned it being off topic.  So here's some more criticism (hopefully constructive this time):  I'm pretty sure my comparison to lining up the web designers for the firing squad with the trophy designers for Fight Night and Lost Planet was completely on topic (and warranted).  Missing features are going to be returning soon?  Finish them before updating your site so it isn't falling apart until you're done.  My friend checked out a page and 23 of 37 HTTP requests (in one page load!) had 403 permission errors.  There are a number of reasons that's just horrible web design.  Then you have mods that like to just randomly throw around bans like they're candy, just because they now have power to weild (it's okay that you had no fun in high school, you'll turn out fine dude).  PSN doesn't ban us for saying they have shitty trophies (see, that's constructive AND on topic).

So on that note, I think I'll drop this site like a bad habit.  I think that's at least the 5th time that I'm aware of being banned for some asinine reason so between that and the horrible redesign (hey, at least they got rid of the damn t-shirt link across the page background) doesn't make me want to stay around here.

Let me know when someone moves this league to a better, more entertaining site (perhaps cheapassgamer) that has less intrusive moderation.

See you guys, it's been fun.

Must have been a really short ban. I didn't notice...unless the "Banned" indicator is one of the missing features that still needs to be returned :P

Were you banned for the comment made in this thread? If so, did someone actually report you or did a mod just happen to read it? Either way, they mods to be a bit sensitive to criticism since the site redesign. Hopefully they will fix the many bugs and design issues that have plagued this site since the redesign.

Anyway, it would be a shame to see you leave for good, as you've been a great contributor to this thread.

Thanks Arcturus for the usual great work (specially this week with the redesign).

I managed to hold on to 10th place, but I see dropping in my near future.

Thats ok, I still plan on playing nothing but Red Dead redemption for weeks.

I have 36 hours on singleplayer and still not finished. Close, but not finished. I should do 100% with 40 hours I think.

Then its MP to reach lvl 50 and get 500 kills with mounted gun. That should take me another 10 hours easy I think.

On the whole, it should add to 60-70 hours to plat.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

My name is not in Trine's platinum list yet :(.