By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would a $350 PS3 generate more demand than all 3 360 SKUs, in the U.S.?

You think a PS3 priced at $350 would get more demand than the Arcade, Pro and Elite SKUs, in the U.S.?...Pick one of these 3 options.

1)No, no and no.

2)Maybe, it'd depend on other things as well, such as advertisement, a good game to go along with the package,etc..

3)Definitely yes....

3.1)...and by a large margin too!!

3.2)...but only a bit more, nothing really threatening to the 360.

Around the Network

IDK, but I really want a PS3 for 350.

I think it'd have to be 300, a nice and even number.

I have a friend who works at subway, and he said after they lowered some subs' prices from $5.50 to $5.00 demand skyrocketed, even though it was only a 50 cent/9% drop.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

3 (1). But Even More so at $299

Around the Network

number 2. but not by a huge margin. It would be very close race and still be a statistical tie. The Playstation 3 has blue ray movie advantage, The Xbox 360 has netflix subscription streaming and price point advantage.

I am going to go with option 2.

2)Maybe, it'd depend on other things as well, such as advertisement, a good game to go along with the package,etc..

I don't know if the price drop alone is enough. We might find out in 09 when Sony drops the price.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

CRUSHING 360 WW weekly if it was that price

I choose option 2 also.
Advertise it along with LBP and it could be huge.

PS3 should just pack a game at 399

Repent or be destroyed