By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mega Man 9 is HERE!!!!!1

When is this game going to be for PC (if you know what i mean)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I beat it, took me four hours or 2:28 in gameplay time.

But it was so frustrating to find out that I died at the final phase of the final boss and he only had little energy left, I ran out of energy tanks.

I replayed a couple of stages to collect screws and buy some more energy tanks before replaying the whole Wily castle again. Also, what did I read somewhere? You can freeze the fire beams with Concrete Man's weapon? I got past the three fire beam room just with the R.Coil.

Exactly, but it is useless. Rush Coil is faster and safer. I got stuck and had to look at gamefaqs for that (the cement shot tip). After failing 5 times with cement shot I just tried Rush Coil again. The trick is to imagine him as a giant square instead of gaming sprites. Jumping on his "tail" or "face" is the only way to reach the ladder. If you try to jump at the middle you always miss it by some centimeters.

I knew that quitting Willy stages in the middle would get me back to the start. I remeber playing MMX for 2 hours writing the password and on the next day almost crying.

After some runs you won`t need more than 4 energy tanks E capsules. If you want some tips just ask. i am afraid to see your all complete time in 2 days.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

man i just bought the game on the network and wow.... its pretty cool and all....but damn this game is hard as hell!

IGN has Proto Man footage:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14260822/vids_1.html

...so cool.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Never played Mega Man before (had a Master System back then), but just downloaded the demo off of PSN and loved it, proper old school gaming. Just purchased the full game (HK$69) so I can actually fight Concrete Man instead of being taunted by the buy now screen.

Love what Capcom are doing with their old franchises (Bionic Commando was great too), just wish Sega would do the same with Wonderboy, but that will probably never happen. :(

Around the Network

I just finished the game, Finally! Wily's fortress sure was the hardest part of the game.
Now guys that finished the game what do you think? Is this better than 2 or 3 for you? For me Megaman 3 was better than 2, but that's because Megaman 3 was my first Megaman. I've been playing recently Megaman 2 on the VC, and think Megaman 9 is better, I'm liking it more, but I'm nostalgia-free of Megaman 2.
However between Megaman 3 and 9 I just cannot decide, I think 3 was better but maybe when Protoman arrives this will change.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Wow, I feel like an idiot, I JUST realized you can control where the gravity bomb goes >_

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

You're not the only one.

I found that out from someone esle at the same time I found out that you can charge the Magma Bazooka. I had beaten the game like twice before I knew that.

Makes me wonder what other properties weapons have. I'm just listing all the ones I knew/thought were obvious now:

- Jewel Satellite reflects projectiles back at their attack.
- Hornet Chaser retrieves all items save for E/M tanks.
- Laser Trident pierces shields
- Tornado Blow lets you jump higher when it's in use (good for speed runs)

Hah, I didn't kno about the bazooka charge / hornet either. The weapons are quite balanced, it's great. Anyway, add this to your list:

-Concreted lava beams can be destroyed by trident.

I don't know why I haven't found that little tip anywhere before, and I just knew the Magma Man times had a secret behind them, so I finally uncovered it. Still only managed #9 with 1:28:35, oh well... I'm done with this.

Man it's like something new is to be found in the game every day. The minor touches and thought put into this batch of weapons makes them so awesome. If only some of the older games had this kind of balance.