By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 owners

During this last week my PS3 has started running louder and hotter then before, i just went to put it on its side and i just burned myself it was that hot, it was between the two vents on the right side bottom, it also just started to use its fan at a higher level.  I'm not sure what to do right now since the sony NA offices are closed until 9EDT or something, and i don't want to talk to some guy in india.  Has this happened to any other owners, or have any of you guys heard of this happening before.  i don't have any extended warranties at the store i bought it at and it was about 1 month after it came out in Canada, the system is used 5+ hours a day since its launch. Thanks for your help guys, i think i have go to grab some ice for my thumb now.  The system is used mostly for DVD movies aswell if that helps get to the problem.

Around the Network

Never had it get that hot... I would definitely call it in. From my personal experience Sony is on top of their game for the support of these. When I had my launch unit freeze up on me, I called them and they sent me a box to ship it back to them free of cost and they sent me a brand new unit with the warranty restarting from the date of the new system.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Nope, not happened to me. Runs cool to the touch.

Make sure its well ventilated, and not near an on 360 =P

My PS3 is in a open space, it is sitting on my coffee table in a room at 15 degree's, nothing is around it either, i make sure i keep it away from my brothers 360 :)

My PS3 does get hot at times to one put I was accually smelling some form of burning( i left my PS3 on overnight by accident ) and it started to freeze up more. So I called Sony and they replaced it

Around the Network

I've pretty much had my replacement running non-stop since the Folding client was released. I've had it off for the past few weeks cause I have been traveling and away (next week looks to be more of the same) :(

But even with it running 24/7 it's never been that hot.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php