By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why have SCE Japan Studio developed another horse racing sim for PS3?

SCE Japan has been absolutly useless besides the new Hot Shots.

Around the Network

SCE also developed WKC Folklore, Eye Of Judgment, and various PSN games so they are'nt completely useless

More casual stuff? Sony London going completely casual was enough...

But it's still not much more than last gen. I mean, we're still getting Siren, etc. from SCEJ, and Sony London's only decent game last gen was Singstar anyway.

kindSoriku said:
For some reason Sony Japan is actually pretty stupid besides Team Ico. Sony would do well to make some RPGs, but for some reason they'd rather make FPS games... >.>

No wonder the PS3's struggling in Japan.

You kind've forgot a biggie.  Polyphony Digital, the creators of Sony's biggest IP?  C'mon.

They also have Clap Hanz (the Hot Shots Golf guys) and Team Siren.

But yeah, they've been really weak this gen thus far.  Where's the usual stuff like Ape Escape?  And new IPs?

I totally forgot about Prolyphony and Team Siren, Team ICO is also gonna impress.

Around the Network

bring an HD patapon multiplayer at least....

team icooooo need your gameeeeeee

There is actually a fan base for these games in Japan.

Actually they haven't done that bad I mean none of their games have been blocbusters but are nice additions to the PS library, GT5 will be the biggest PS# game, WKC will be a hit, Siren was good, The eye games are neat, and of course team ico will reawaken.

Seems like SCE Japan is currently being run by toddlers... there is no other way they can make this "wonderful" decisions.

Soriku said:
For some reason Sony Japan is actually pretty stupid besides Team Ico. Sony would do well to make some RPGs, but for some reason they'd rather make FPS games... >.>

No wonder the PS3's struggling in Japan.

Boo!

They have Clap Hanz, Polyphony Digital, the guys who make Patapon (they also made Ape Escape), the other team that makes LocoRoco.

Those a few that weren't mentioned by mm.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.