By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much hate for Castlevania Judgement Art? (Eric looks good!)

dib8rman said:
My point is the lack of a unique art direction on a game that's seemingly needing of one. (I can safely assume this because of well, the obvious changes in art we've seen so far) leads me to believe the game play or mechanics will be equally uninspired. Honestly I've had my fill of Japanese culture for one life time to be force fed it by yet another heavy Japanese culture title. This is kind of why Zelda is amazing to me, because it's a game from Japan that doesn't take a stand from any culture specifically, maybe European, but even then it's has it's own living breathing world. OF course I'm not expecting this to be a Zelda game, just saying that great games or at least memorable ones tend to have an obvious simplicity and express what they are about from the get go.

I'll check out a copy on rental.. 2nd thinking this purchase now.

hmm I see what you mean..I guess..still no fan of WW

but..by the way you're thinking..

they put no thought into Dawn of Sorrow nor Portait of Ruin?...so both games suck to you?

^^'' I'd go play them both if I were you..art isn't everything..do NOT play a game because of the art style..is..hmm

kinda weird

Around the Network

Hmm those are the DS games correct?

If so then yes I have them both, the one I remember more so is the one where you control both the girl and the guy... critically I could apply this logic to that, but then again that game isn't a fighting game now is it.

So in applying that logic I could soundly state that the game is also unispired, but I don't like where this is going anyway, as your trying to force this into some subjective debate, if you like portait of ruin then fine by me, if you like this game, fine by me, at this point I've given myself enough reason to forget this game even existed... "It's dead to me."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

*shrugs* okay ^^''

it's just that...I don't just judge games before actually playing them..but..hmm..

everyone's entitles to their own opinions and choices ^^''

I don't mind....

The game looks fine. As a fighting game or a Smash Bros./Power Stone type game or whatever, I'm sure it will be enjoyable.

The question posed by this topic, and the answers given, revolve around the art style. Which is awful.

I guess it is because people were expecting a traditional castlevania like the others instead of a fighting game and they fear it will turn out the way soul calibur legends turned.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
I guess it is because people were expecting a traditional castlevania like the others instead of a fighting game and they fear it would turn out the way soul calibur legends turned.

No that is not what is being said at all.

ctk495 said:

I guess it is because people were expecting a traditional castlevania like the others instead of a fighting game and they fear it will turn out the way soul calibur legends turned.

?

That isn't what we are arguing about..

Anyway I just saw Death.

...WTF is that thing?! @_o Did they make him a robot or something?!

I hate you, Death Note artist!, You ruined these characters! I will NEVER forgive you for what you did to Maria!

*shake fist*

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

XDD lolz yeh..maria looks horrible..still love Alucard, Dracula, Eric, Simon and ...I do like Death..except for the cloak..if he won't have a cloak in the final version..he sucks to me..

and yes..

Aeon ROCKS

Actually I'm just making fun of Darc by enjoying his position, I've never been a castlevania fan, the departure from it's origins to a disconnected art style would only affect the niche group of fans or either fighting game gurus or castlevania fanatics.

My own reservations about the game would have been exposed but deathcape had to antagonize me so I kept on playing.

The game from what I've seen looks decent, "am I going to pick it up?" Honestly eventually, but it's not a first day thing for me, unless I'm in the area of a game shop and remember to pick it up, honestly the only game on my radar is Monster Hunter Tri. which I refuse to buy unless it sells amazingly well.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

hmm...you do have a point..MH3 looks insane..but it better sell well

as for that.. ^^'' it's okay..I think I always choose my words poorly and make it seem different from what I initially meant

and I agree..the art difference would only hurt hardcore fans etc

...like WW hurt me at first XDDD (Hardcore Zelda fan)
but now I accept it.. ^_^

still..Castlevania's art has been REALLy inconsistent...
look at the differences over the years..