By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much hate for Castlevania Judgement Art? (Eric looks good!)

I like the art direction, I hope game is fun, but I get your point, they did kinda just go for Jpop turning it into a JFighting game for the most part... I mean JAction game. But hey someone must of thought it looks cool, the developer just has to try to make it fun, but from he interviews I hear it sounds like he doesn't want make this game at least not like this.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I actually don't hate the art.

Every character has to change over time.

Sephiroth357 said:

I agree! I think change is awesome. It's just that I could see them changing in better ways that don't include looking like parodies of Castlevania characters, or, even worse, rejects from the Death Note roster.

well..not god-awful.. ^^'

I only think Maria looks off..Eric looks better..sorry

Simon..no problem

I only have a slight problem with Death not wearing the cloak..it makes him look..hmm

naked?...I dunno

Khuutra said:
Sephiroth357 said:

I agree! I think change is awesome. It's just that I could see them changing in better ways that don't include looking like parodies of Castlevania characters, or, even worse, rejects from the Death Note roster.

LOL Death does NOT look like a Shinigami..go brush up on your japanese culture

Death looks like the Grim Reaper without clothes now..

Maria looks like a Jpop singer..indeed..sadly

but Alucard looks good..can't wait for Soma..Simon is fine..Eric is good too..there aren't enough cons for me not to like the art

Around the Network
deathcape said:
well..not god-awful.. ^^'

I only think Maria looks off..Eric looks better..sorry

Simon..no problem

I only have a slight problem with Death not wearing the cloak..it makes him look..hmm

naked?...I dunno

No, God-awful is the word, here.

Eric does not look better. He's not recognizably a man, and he's not using any kind of recognizable weapon. There's nothing that could make me prefer his current style to his old one, as whispy and cloaked as that one was, if only because his old one actually used a wapon. Yes, that is important.

Maria looks awful. There are no words.

Simon looks like a gay Anne Rice bondage king. There is nothing to like about his design. He would look better in nothing but a loincloth. There is nothing realistic or stylish about his clothes unless you just love Jpop crap for the sake of loving it.

Death doesn't look like he has any recognizable human elements, whic is the entire point of the character. He's not supposed to look like a shinigami, because he's Death. There's a difference.

These designs are getting progressively worse as the night goes on.

I'm reserving my "Judgments" until release (see what I just did there?)

WHERE IS REINHART (64)? If they are going to bring Castlevania back to a Nintendo home console, you gotta revive the classics baby!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

LOL...Soriku..gimme some Manga art from near..and I might judge..

not Anime..

ah..yes..wait till it's out to judge the game..but this thread is about the ART not the GAME ^^''

I still like this art more than anime style..

it could be..they made Eric look younger..

and the way I see this game..most characters look like they came out of DeathNote

so it's possible Soriku..wouldn't be a bad spin on Soma..

hmm...can't wait for the next announcement

At this point the Jpop look has become a niche trait in video games from Japan, which would probably explain some of the returned focus on western RPG's after folk and forest lore stories became niche. I'm starting to feel dissappointed in this game. Needless to say I'm not a steady fan of Jpop or J culture outside of economic traditions and methods.

I really don't know if I'm going to pick this up now, the design for the characters seem so cliche that I'm wondering what kind of thought went into the games mechanics.. if any...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D