By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much hate for Castlevania Judgement Art? (Eric looks good!)

deathcape said:

0.0....your avatar looks like a woman..from a western viewpoint.. 

Soma looks feminine..as do all castlevania characters..well..most anyway

what happend is that the official art was changed for most characters in the early Castlevania games..

to make them look more masculine for localization...I hate that...I'm glad they stopped that

Well, maybe I'm used to the anime style so it doesn't look too feminine to me. Compare it with Alucard in Judgment and there's a big difference.

I didn't knew they changed the art style for localization, so Simon looked feminine in the first Castlevania?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Soma said:
deathcape said:

what happend is that the official art was changed for most characters in the early Castlevania games..

to make them look more masculine for localization...I hate that...I'm glad they stopped that

Well, maybe I'm used to the anime style so it doesn't look too feminine to me. Compare it with Alucard in Judgment and there's a big difference.

I didn't knew they changed the art style for localization, so Simon looked feminine in the first Castlevania?

I'm used to anime style too..but I know what westerners mean by feminine..

yes..they actually used to change it..I know they stopped somewhere..don't remember when..and they got a new artist for Dawn of sorrow and Portait of Ruin..wich made it look....non Castlevania..>_<''

and the one for Order of Ecclecia looks good

hmmm...comparing Alucard from Judgement to Genya Arikado from Aria of Sorrow..well..I would say he looks more masculine in Judgement compared to his other counterpart..>_<'

deathcape said:
Soma said:
deathcape said:

I'm used to anime style too..but I know what westerners mean by feminine..

yes..they actually used to change it..I know they stopped somewhere..don't remember when..and they got a new artist for Dawn of sorrow and Portait of Ruin..wich made it look....non Castlevania..>_<''

and the one for Order of Ecclecia looks good

hmmm...comparing Alucard from Judgement to Genya Arikado from Aria of Sorrow..well..I would say he looks more masculine in Judgement compared to his other counterpart..>_<'

ha! really? For me in Judgment looks more feminine. The point is, like Portrait and Dawn of Sorrow, I don't think the art style looks too good for a Castlevania, is not bad for me but could be better.

Me:"hey I don't recognize that girl, is she a new character?"

Tor:"you don't recognize your favorite Castlevania character?"

Me:"what do you mean?"

Tor:"look at her very well, that is one of your favorites."

Me:"that doesn't look like any character I know."

Tor:"that's Maria."

Me:"no, she is not."

Tor:"um, yes she is."

Me:"are you joking?? Maria looks nothing like this."

Maria.

Did you see her?

What the hell did they do to her?!

THEY RUINED MARIA.

GOD DAMMIT.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

I'm waiting for some Soma images.

Around the Network

me too..I want me some Soma..

and don't get mad..characters change over time..

I didn't bitch when soma went saturday morning anime style..

so I don't think you should bitch about Maria Renard..she looks good..kind of like it were drawn by miss Kojima..

anyway ^^'

I guess..I guess to you he looks more feminine..I don't care..what I can say though: he does look younger in Judgement..anyway..

I still desire this game

so..who's getting this game?

updated the first page with more art

I'll be getting the game, and glad you noticed he looks more feminine haha. Man... why couldn't they do something like the second Alucard =(

I like the new art too.

People just need to give this game a try. It looks like it could turn out very cool.