By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 --CONFIRMED PS3 ONLY- REAL STORY!!!-

July 11, 2007 - Wednesday

E3 07: Metal Gear Solid 4 Confirmed PS3-Only, Kojima Retires from MGS
Category: Games

E3 07: Metal Gear Solid 4 Confirmed PS3-Only

Jul 11, 2007 2:40pm CST
During its E3 2007 press conference in Culver City, Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that Kojima Productions' anticipated sequel Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is indeed a PlayStation 3 exclusive. It will release simultaneously worldwide in early 2008.

Today's news lays rest to ongoing rumors that the game will be brought to Xbox 360; most recently, Konami's CEO strongly hinted at a potential multiplatform strategy for the game.

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima came to the stage to show a new real-time trailer running on PlayStation 3 and speak on the game. "The story for Snake will end, and also, for me as a game creator, this will be my last involvement in the series," said Kojima. He noted that all of the series' plotlines and mysteries will be resolved. Gameplay remains stealth-based, but is set within battlefields this time around. Kojima promised to pour his 20 years of experience on the series into MGS4.

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000 

Around the Network

For the 1000th time:

1- Yes, MGS4 is currently a PS3 exclusive.

2- Given PS3 sales and declarations from Konami executives, it's quite likely that number 1 will stop being true a few months after the PS3 version launches.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Don't trust that any game to be truly exclusives unless its made by Sony or MS themselves.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Too bad it's the last game of the series.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

i know i agree. first kojima said if this game was a success he would make another one and now he saying its over. its very sad. but all good things come to an end right...

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000 

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

For the 1000th time:

1- Yes, MGS4 is currently a PS3 exclusive.

2- Given PS3 sales and declarations from Konami executives, it's quite likely that number 1 will stop being true a few months after the PS3 version launches.

Agreed.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )