By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PoliCHARTZ - Thread of U.S. Politics & the Presidential Election

Screw polls.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
Screw poles.

Only if they're cute and have nice butts. Oh and wear a condom. They did teach you about condoms in school, yah? It's funny down here in America.

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America.
White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

It seems like one party has a vested interest in keeping peoples academic achievement at a bare minimum.

fkusumot said:
stof said:
Screw poles.

Various variety of screw heads

And various different lenght poles

I hope McCain does not win, he looks like a continuation of Bush's Foreign Policies of illegally invading sovereign Middle Eastern nations. Obama if elected will hopefully try and rebuild America's image that has been destroyed by the Bush regime over the past 8 years.

Around the Network

Realclearpolitics has Virginia in the Obama column now:

RCP Average 09/07 - 09/14 -- 47.5 48.0 Obama +0.5
PPP (D) 09/13 - 09/14 1090 LV 46 48 Obama +2
FOX News/Rasmussen 09/14 - 09/14 500 LV 48 48 Tie
SurveyUSA 09/12 - 09/14 732 LV 46 50 Obama +4
CNN/Time 09/07 - 09/09 920 RV 50 46 McCain +4

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

fkusumot said:

It seems like one party has a vested interest in keeping peoples academic achievement at a bare minimum.

That's because college converts good ol' boys into elitist bleeding heart pricks like me.  I used to be Republican until I got into Berkeley, and the hippies showed me the light.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
fkusumot said:

That's because college converts good ol' boys into elitist bleeding heart pricks like me.  I used to be Republican until I got into Berkeley, and the hippies showed me the light.

I am not sure if that poll should be taken at face value. It disputes trends that have been observed over many elections. I say that because college graduates are the Republican's strongest voting bloc in regards to education followed by some college. Once you enter the post-graduate level, however, the Democrats receive the most support. The Democrats strongest voting bloc in regards to education is the high school or less demographic. This makes sense because the Democrats receive the most support in regards to income at the lower income levels. Therefore, if any party has a vested interest in keeping academic at a bare minimum, I would say it is the Democrats.

Jackson50 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
fkusumot said:

I am not sure if that poll should be taken at face value.

Links plz.

And More Fun! A PBS interactive Poll asking the burning question "IS Sarah Palin Qualified to be President?"

http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html

You want a link confirming my assertion that the college graduate and some college demographics tend to be Republican?