By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: Euro 360 cut to be announced next week

According to this Gamer.tm story, a source has said that Microsoft is to announce a European Xbox 360 price cut at “event the company is due to hold during the week of 22 September.”

The piece arrives after an apparent leak detailing the new prices came from Woolworths last week.

“Our source confirmed that the prices shown in the leaked Woolworths catalogue image – GBP 129.99 for the Arcade, GBP 169.99 for the 60GB model and GBP 229.99 for the Elite – were official,” says the Gamer.tm story.

“Our source also added that the leak had left Microsoft fuming, and that all of the above information came directly from Microsoft.”

Link here.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/09/15/rumour-euro-360-cut-to-be-announced-next-week/

Around the Network

Nice this will help the 360 in others

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Didn't they have a Euro price cut in April just before GTA 4? 2 price cuts a year is a little desperate.

i only can say wonderful.

Wow Arcade for £129? Very Tempting. If my brother didn't already have a 360 I would have considered JUST for Fable 2.

Around the Network

this proves that microsoft is desperate to keep the 360 in the market, especially, in europe, i doubt the fact that they are making money with all these price cuts, this price cut will have no effect, just like the last 1.
3-4 price cuts a year world wide is a sign of desperation, and microsoft is starting another dreamcast effect, where the price of the console appears to cheap to prove that its worth buying and it seems like junk. thats why the ps3 and wii wont have price cuts for a while. as a console developer the first thing you think about is price estimation which isnt thought about when console sales die out. FACT!!!!

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

They are just trying to force Sony into losing money with these cuts.

good move, next year, when unified CPU+GPU for xbox 360 slim ready, then they will cut the price again.

Oh and if this is true its Sheer Desperation. 360 will be cheaper than PS2 soon!

The X360 price cuts happened in February.

If anything, the last set of price cuts were desperate, because they didn't follow typical Microsoft trends of price cuts after major hardware revisions.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the USD is trading at 0.55 per pound...Wouldn't this put GB pricing only slightly above US pricing? It doesn't seem that Microsoft is being desperate by doing this, just cutting the prices to a similar ratio vs. US and Japanese prices.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.