By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If we are going to elect a clueless beauty pagent contestent VP...

rocketpig said:
Who here has read the entire ABC interview?

Most of the arguments I'm seeing here are basing opinions on that shitty edit. Especially the "I can see Russia" comment. It was a dumb answer but once you see what was edited out, you can see where she was going with it.

I wasn't really talking about the interview, in fact I didn't even remember she talked about that. I was talking about her supporters (including McCain) using that argument.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

You can watch the whole thing on the ABC news site. Its divided into clips and then further divided across 3 parts, but you can track down the whole thing if you try.

Seriously, most of it is almost the same as the edits. It's a combination of talking points that were written for her when she's lucky and horrible ideas given off the cuff when she's not. I'll put a link in a bit when I track it down.

The full context is, when she was asked about her foreign policy experience, she talked about going to Mexico and Canada then a "life changing trip" to Kuwait and Germany a year ago.  She had an aside in that where she said "actually, you can see Russia from land here in Alaska" which seems to be the talking point about her foreign policy experience.  When further asked about foreign policy she only could point to a very limited in scope point about energy independence which is the 15th most important foreign crisis (its more of a domestic issue then anything really).

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5787748&page=1  there is a link on this page that says its the full interview, and it is most of it but it is missing a few excerpts I have found elsewhere (a lot of the damaging ones and the bad answers are not in these 3 segments).

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Here are some of the instances of that argument:

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I live in San Diego, the closest part of the US to Mexico and South America. I think they should make me an ambassador, I'm clearly qualified.

Oh wait, I'm not a republican, that kind of insane argument only works if you are for some reason.  So much for the cushy job in the Brazilian Embassy 

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me