By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Not Meeting Sales Expectations?

Selling 10 million is a lot, and much of GTA's sales come after it goes Greatest Hits. They don't need to make a GTA for the Wii in order to make big money. They already did .

Around the Network

Haha, retarded. I wish I hadn't bought a copy. Game is boring as hell.

Kurakasa said:

Can you point me a cartoony racer game on 360 which has sold more than a million? If you can do that, I will eat my words.

can you point me a decent cartoony racer game on 360 at all? 

how old are you?

I love how people think that just because a game looks like a baby piece of $hit, like PETZ, and MY HORSE, or something.

That means its what casuals want..

You people need to stop categorizing other people as "casual" gamers, sure they dont play video games 24/7 like we do, but it doesnt mean they are in love with $hitty baby games.

mM

Anyhow, GTA IV is a big game, its very popular based on name alone.

The only thing keeping it from selling another 5-10million copies is the price of the game itself, which is starting to loosin up a bit, since the console that has the game the xbox 360 is now 199.

I expect GTA IV sales will go up in the coming months, before holiday season ofcourse, and thanks to a cheaper 360, people will be getting either halo, GTA, or call of duty 4.

mM
Around the Network

I think it's a matter of GTAIV looking like it won't have GTA:SA legs. Which actually should not be surprising because that casual base than give it those legs are buying Wiis this time around.

Probably why TT refuses to comment or deny if they're working on GTA for Wii

tabsina said:
Kurakasa said:

Can you point me a cartoony racer game on 360 which has sold more than a million? If you can do that, I will eat my words.

can you point me a decent cartoony racer game on 360 at all? 

how old are you?

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4947

No screens available, but I think that fits the description.

I am going to give you some slack and think that question about my age was really a question and not some lame flamebait. So, older than you. Most likely.

edit: As decent as Mario kart, in my opinion.

I think they should make another GTA for the psp, those games are really good, and they are portable.

mM

Pls see below!  And no, i don't know how this happened!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

This is all about TT needing GTA as a bargining chip. Nothing more. Sure it's selling less than previous versions but with current HD install base expecting it to was crazy.

It might have sold to 14 - 15M with a Wii version also but looking at the game it seems it was built thinking more powerful consoles only. I'm sure it could be put on Wii but I'd hate to imagine what it would look like...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...