By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom, maybe we should see other people ...

In fact the golden age of Capcom was in the late 80's and early 90's with games like 1942, Bionic Commando, Chip 'N Dale, Duck Tales, Commando, Viper, Ghosts'n Goblins, Legendary Wings, Strider, Final Fight, Street Fighter II and of course Mega Man (1 to 6) and Mega Man X (X to X4). That was the good ol' Capcom we loved so much.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
In fact the golden age of Capcom was in the late 80's and early 90's with games like 1942, Bionic Commando, Chip 'N Dale, Duck Tales, Commando, Viper, Ghosts'n Goblins, Legendary Wings, Strider, Final Fight, Street Fighter II and of course Mega Man (1 to 6) and Mega Man X (X to X4). That was the good ol' Capcom we loved so much.

You forgot U.N. Squadron! D:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
atma998 said:

You forgot U.N. Squadron! D:

Yes that was a masterpiece and I also forgot Breat of Fire 1 and 2.

atma998 said:

I agree. Seeing the Capcom logo on the arcades was enough to say that a game was great. Some of my favorites are: The Punisher, Knights of the Round, Marvel vs Capcom, Final Fight, UN Squadron, Captain Commando, King of Dragons, 1942 and Caddilac and Dinossaurs. The 32 bit era was not as good as the 16 bit one. Even so, RE was part of my top 10 favorite franchises. Last generation Capcom delivered a lot of new IPs (most of them good). Haunting Grounds, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Onimusha, DMC.

I wouldn`t mind if Capcom completely ignored the Wii. As long as they made a lot of amazing games I would be ok. It is depressing that they are wasting all their budget (and time) on crap like Lost Planet, DMC 4 and SF 4. RE 5 doesn`t even look good enough to justify the very long development cycle.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
atma998 said:

I agree. Seeing the Capcom logo on the arcades was enough to say that a game was great. Some of my favorites are: The Punisher, Knights of the Round, Marvel vs Capcom, Final Fight, UN Squadron, Captain Commando, King of Dragons, 1942 and Caddilac and Dinossaurs. The 32 bit era was not as good as the 16 bit one. Even so, RE was part of my top 10 favorite franchises. Last generation Capcom delivered a lot of new IPs (most of them good). Haunting Grounds, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Onimusha, DMC.

I wouldn`t mind if Capcom completely ignored the Wii. As long as they made a lot of amazing games I would be ok. It is depressing that they are wasting all their budget (and time) on crap like Lost Planet, DMC 4 and SF 4. RE 5 doesn`t even look good enough to justify the very long development cycle.

Wait here, Haunting Grounds and Okami came out near the end of the last generation. Don't forget that it's not over for them yet, they can create lots of other IPs before the end of this current generation. Also, Resident Evil 5 might be as good, even better, than Resident Evil 4 (assuming you're not bitching about the developer's vision of taking action over horror)...

I just think Capcom are trying to take more risks in developing for all the consoles in a more consistent way this generation. You can say what you want about the quality of these ''resulted'' games, but let's not forget that it's not new to them. Mega Man X: Command Mission came out on both GameCube and PlayStation 2, Viewtiful Joe came out on both GameCube and PlayStation 2, various Mega Man games came out on the PC as well as on the PSX and PS2, Resident Evil 4 came out on both the GameCube and PlayStation 2, etc. All that's new this time is that you can notice a better support on Microsoft's next console, and what's wrong about that? Quality games will come once they get the hang of what all 3 consoles can offer, be assured of that, and when they'll do, they'll be releasing more and more quality titles on ALL PLATFORMS. It's a pretty good vision in my opinion, and as I always say, power to the consumer, and knowing them, they'll deliver (when the time comes).

I say let's wait for Bionic Commando this December (haha, had to)! ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I would just like to know what the OP found so horrible about BOF:DQ? I enjoyed the game immensely. I guess maybe people just don't like when companies finally do try out something new.

SF IV
RE 5

Time to Work !

I sort of agree with you. It happens to the best of them. Square Enix, SEGA, Rare - they just aren't what they used to be.
It's starting to happen to Nintendo too.

trestres said:
@Soriku: Thanks ^^ But are there any pics? Because I only recall a Japanese webpage that named had the "Wii" word written close to "Tatsunoko".

@Crazzy: Yes, that's sad. 400 people making Resident Evil 4.5, what a waste of resources, money and time. Most of the projects from Capcom these days are outsourced. Hell they have so many people working on RE5 that a very small team with a limited budget is porting DR to the Wii. Therefore the results.

IMO terrible decision if they expect the game to sell only 2.5 million.

Why must no one listen :(

Capcom expects Resident Evil to sell 2.5 million copies between it's launch and the end of the fiscal period it is launched in.

RE5 launch - March 13, 2009

Fiscal ends - March 31, 2009.

So Capcom expects to sell (ship) 2.5 million copies in just under three weeks.

Not too shabby, eh?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I sort of agree with you. It happens to the best of them. Square Enix, SEGA, Rare - they just aren't what they used to be.
It's starting to happen to Nintendo too.

To be fair, Sega is past their worst days. Sega is still crap compared to the Sega that made games in the Mega Drive era. However, they are slowly improving the quality of their games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."