By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Enterbrain/GfK-Chart-Track/NPD plan to expand to full global sales reports.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: Congrats to ioi for making this happen.

@Obieslut: No it doesn't, VGC still provides weekly numbers and all the VGC data is publicly available. What would kill VGC, would be making us pay for the numbers.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

@All VGC enthusiasts,

I agree, I think the growing following to VGChartz.com has these blokes shakingin their booties LOL

Way to go VGC keep on trucking!!!

That's good news....competition is a good thing and now vgchartz can get rid of duplicates and update games with old, missing and/or outdated data...C'mon ioi, you can do it :D

BKK2 said:

Interesting. VGC numbers are (through June):

GTA IV:

Americas minus 10%: 5024K

Others *0.33 = 1352K

Overall:  6376K

Difference: 1.3% high

Brawl:

Americas: 3416K

Others: 165K

Japan: 1736K

Overall:  5317K

Difference:  2.1% low

Mario Kart Wii:

Americas:  2223K

Others: 719K

Japan: 1473K

Overall:  4415K

Difference:  6.4% low

Wii Fit:

Americas: 1010K

Others: 604K

Japan: 2286K

Overall: 3900K

Difference: 7.5% high (all in Japan)

GH3:

Americas: 3308K

Others: 643K

Japan: 30K

Overall:  3981K

Difference: 12.7% high (all in Others)

Very nice overall. Close to VGC, but we're a bit high on GH3 and Wii Fit (GH3 as indicated from several other sources, Wii Fit is odd, as we are close to Media Create (2156K) and Famitsu (2130K).

Mario Kart Wii is a bit low, as indicated by other sources before.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Coming into VGC territory with more resources. Will be interesting.  Haha ioi you've started something here.  Don't be surprised if these guys try to buy you out haha.

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
TWRoO said:
@gebx... even if it was just NPD then it still shouldn't be so low for the end of July

But you can't even see the numbers on that PDF. The actual numbers are posted above. The PDF is "All Countries" (JP/UK/US), it's not just NPD.

Well I think I can see some of them.... And I added something to the last post you quoted of mine which seems to refute them being for the end of July, that being, why is Mario Kart Wii under 1 million in Japan and the total figure (above it, as the total below includes MKDS) only seems to indicate 1.6 or 1.8 million (it's a tough one to see but I think it is obviously a 1 at the beginning... try zooming in to 150%)

but you must be able to see MKWii for Japan still under 1 million... which is certainly not the same as your table showing the correct figures.... instead it is oddly very similar to what VGC shows at the end of April.

You are correct in saying I originally thought the April release month was the sales ending period... but I realised it wasn't when I looked at other games. And I do believe that those numbers are all for the end of April rather than July.

----

The Mario Kart in Japan one is by far the clearest (because the differences change the number of digits) but all the other games number look low and for some reason oddly coincide with the end of April.

GHIII total for instance looks suspiciously like 2.9 million (compared to the 3.475 figure in the table)
SSBB number begins with a 4 as well, wheras the table gives 5.4 million.