By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New E3 Mario Galaxy Media

I love the suits. I am soooo happy they brought them back. I thought that was the best part of SMB3! This game is going to be totally awesome.

Around the Network

To me this game looks as good as anything anywhere. Its not as graphically intensive as most but whoever did the graphics knows how to make it look good without that.
Seeing these screenshots I am in love.

ckmlb said:
I am interested to know what the bee outfit does, it looks hillarious.

Check out the video, theres a small section where hes in the Bee suit. I want to see more of the ghost suit he was in. That looked hilarious.

My main thing though is there are a few other videos leaking now of gameplay, and you can see some very large play areas and stages. For a while I was worried there would only be teeny tiny planets to play on and it would lose that "world" feeling that was present in Mario 64. 

Xyrax said:
ckmlb said:

Check out the video, theres a small section where hes in the Bee suit. I want to see more of the ghost suit he was in. That looked hilarious.

My main thing though is there are a few other videos leaking now of gameplay, and you can see some very large play areas and stages. For a while I was worried there would only be teeny tiny planets to play on and it would lose that "world" feeling that was present in Mario 64.

Yeah, just saw the video that was posted. I'm totally blown away!

Bee Mario looks like so much fun... and Boo Mario! WTF?

<Shams wipes drool off keyboard>

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I just found another thing!!! in the screenshot it shows Mario with 3 life segments, yet in all other stuff that i've seen he has eight, does this mean they're using the Zelda formula?!?!? beat a boss ge more life?!?!?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Don't know if this is considered spoiler so I put it in white. It basically is a preview from AMN of what the bee suit does.

"Grab hold of the new bee power-up to grant Mario insect wings that are perfect for flying with a tap of the A button. Once in the air, Mario picks up a “fly” meter that depletes with each wing stroke. Once that meter runs out, he falls back to the ground. Other bee-tastic abilities include the talent of walking on large flowers (stepping on these platforms as regular Mario causes them to collapse) and the skill of climbing up honeycombs." They also go onto say that if you touch any water it disappears.

Sign me up!

Full impressions of Bee level at AMN can be found below

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10326

EDIT: I don't know how to hide text on this website. :[ 

This game looks like it'll give me motion sickness playing it. :P

Gamespy said they thought the graphics were approaching x360/ps3 levels in some respects. Looks awesome!

You know, I think they really upped the graphics in this game because they don't have a huge environment to draw. Like, in metroid, you have the trees, the enemies, the ground, the far walls, the ceilings, the buildings, etc. In Mario Galaxy theres just stars for the background...

Why...why Mario...why must you be so awesome?!?

Those graphics look great, I love the bee outfit, I just can't wait to play this game. I want it more now. COME!