By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS hinge cracking?

My DS is cracking on the right hinge. On the right side next to the 2 led for power.

It's part of the top half, that is.

It's still in tack but it's cracked and it seems I could snap it when closing the DS if I am not careful.

Anyone experienced this and has a remedy before I snap a piece of it off?

Around the Network

Nintendo will exchange it, even if the DS is out of warranty. Just call the customer service. The phone number is at the bottom of the DS, near the battery cover.

I had the same problem. The problem is that you need to open the DS only until the first 'click', not more.

Mine got it after 2 weeks since I purchased it; it shouldn't worry you though. Nothing bad will happen to your DS, you just have to abide by it.

Give it to Nintendo.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Buy some liquid plastic.

Around the Network

Nintendo customer service is top notch, my 8 yr old daughter was a bit rough on her DS and cracked the hinge 2 weeks after she got it last September and Ninty replaced it within 10 days and paid for shipping both ways.

Then in March she had a dead unresponsive spot on the touch screen and we sent it in and had it back in 13 days.

The level of service is second to none in the industry, just give 'em a call.

If you are out of warranty (owned it less more than a year), there might be a slight charge, but they might waive that if it was the fault of the product and not your treatment of it.....

(fixed)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I had the same problem with my first DS, and Nintendo replaced itnice and quick. I got it the second time, and my R button got jammed as well. By taking a pen and unjamming the R button, I was able to fix it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Galaki said:

My DS is cracking on the right hinge. On the right side next to the 2 led for power.

It's part of the top half, that is.

It's still in tack but it's cracked and it seems I could snap it when closing the DS if I am not careful.

Anyone experienced this and has a remedy before I snap a piece of it off?

It happened to mine too, exact same place. I got it exchanged with no problem.

i heard about this.
that's why when i bought my DS i bought a NERF case.
awesome casing covering the whole DS.

I've heard about this as well, i haven't had any problems with mine, but usually i'm very careful with my electronics.

Just try not to open it fast (if you are doing this), and open it from the middle not the sides.