By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 a hardware seller?

as someone has already said, all people with xbox have already upgraded to 360, unlike the ps3's case. but i'll say 10k in case of the highly unprobable chance of me being incorrect.

Around the Network

Banjo Kazooie is honestly what sold me on 360. Also wanted tales and sonic and overlord and oblivion and fable 2 and viva pinata and burnout paradise though.

I like along with GoW2 we'll see strong sales through the holidays however I think release week will be average because people won't be in the holiday shopping mood yet.

deathgod33 said:
as someone has already said, all people with xbox have already upgraded to 360, unlike the ps3's case. but i'll say 10k in case of the highly unprobable chance of me being incorrect.

This is doubtful. Do you think in 1 year, every Playstation 2 owner will have migrated to the Playstation 3, or another next-gen system? Probably not.

Neilsen did a survey last year to show the actual playing time marketshare of each previous gen, and next gen system. Guess what? As of June 2007, the Xbox was still beating the X360 by a 2:1 margin in terms of overall playtime. Although I'm sure it's shifted, it's very doubtful that Xbox users have totally migrated to a next-gen system. Microsoft still tracks quite a bit of Xbox data, and game trends for the system, and people still play it quite often.

Right now, there have been around 20,000 Xbox players to play online, via Bungie.net records. Although that's quite a bit lower than Halo 3, currently, it shows that there is still an Xbox community out there. So no, again, not everyone has upgraded.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

seeing as how good this game looks, i could see it selling hardware, they should make a fable 2+gears of war 2 bundle, that would really sell...kinda like the mgs4 bundle did

Around the Network

Possibly... but a lot of wrpg fans, like me, have already purchased a 360 to play Oblivion.

On the other hand, the more I see of Fable 2, the more groundbreaking it seems, so I guess it's possible that some gamers will get a 360 just to give Fable 2 a try.

Hard to tell.

toastboy44562 said:

Do you think it can sell an additional 40k units.

I think it can because the fans from the first fable will want to get their hands on the second.

honestly fans who played the first fable most likely already have fable 2 knowing that fable 2 was going to release sooner or later.

OT: fable 2 can be a system seller if it lives up to its hype. if it gets positive reviews across the board then it will sell systems...but this is not going to be a huge system seller imo. but still a nice game to add to the list

Kind of doubt it, Im sure most XBOX users have already upgraded, and if someone is going to be interested in Fable 2 they will have probably aleady gotten a 360 for Mass Effect, Fallout 3 or Oblivion, and if they are a sucker Two Worlds.

It'll move some units, but its jump will be very very slight.

@MrStickball, 20,000 people are still playing the most popular game released on the XBOX? I would say that points to a massive amount of the old XBOX users having upgraded.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:

Kind of doubt it, Im sure most XBOX users have already upgraded, and if someone is going to be interested in Fable 2 they will have probably aleady gotten a 360 for Mass Effect, Fallout 3 or Oblivion, and if they are a sucker Two Worlds.

It'll move some units, but its jump will be very very slight.

@MrStickball, 20,000 people are still playing the most popular game released on the XBOX? I would say that points to a massive amount of the old XBOX users having upgraded.

Or game fatigue.

By the way, some of us bought Two Worlds because we wanted more Oblivion... sadly, the game has one big flaw: choppy animation, terrible voice acting, a weak plot, a poor inventory management system, etc.  Hmmm... that's more than one big flaw...

Why are Sony fans so confident that most Fable fans already own an Xbox 360, and yet they believe that most Gow, FF and GT fans dont already own a PS3?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS