By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Unpacking of a Sumo Giganator (with pics) :-)

(before we start, all the pics are in my photo album, so they may be a little bigger there)

(EDIT: Please excuse the mess, as we had to totally rearrange our room just to get this thing in)

Ok, so I fell prey to good advertising by loaded statement, only I took it one step further. Well, maybe 5 steps, but either way, I bought a Sumo Giganator, which comes in at a whopping 5'x7'x3'!!!

So I order it and they say it usually ships in 3-5 days, so I figured I would get an e-mail 3-5 days later saying it was shipped. Well, I never got one and was going to call on day 6 to see what was up, well It got delivered that day. So that isn't too bad considering I live on the east coast, and they are based on the west coast.

I get home and man, the box is huge, roughtly 2'3" cubed, and bursting at the seems. My wife cut the two plastic straps off the top, and it blew open never to be closed again. So I hopped on top because I couldn't keep it closed otherwise.

After that I decided to way it on Wii Fit and it comes in at a BMI off the top of the scale (62), and weighs ~69.5lbs

Not only does this thing way a ton, it is also really good at balancing. It managed to pull 20sec for the basic balance test

Getting the bag out of the cardboard box proved to be much more challenging than you would imagine. First I tried flipping it over and shaking the box, but at 70lbs, that was tough, and the thing didn't budge anyways. So I decided to rip the box right off. Even that was tough, because as I ripped it, the box was still so tight that I could barely get my hands inside it to rip it apart.

After getting it out, it looks really weird

So then you have to beat the thing and break up the foam. The foam inside the chair is stuck in these giant clumps and you have to muscle it all apart. Mostly I just pushed down on it, and then would flip the thing over. After you first break it apart, the thing looks so tiny, and I was thinking that maybe they sent us the wrong one, but after you let it sit for a bit, the thing gets HUGE.

So now I let it sit for 24 hours and get fully plumped up. Now the challenge was to get the cover on the chair. This was actually pretty tough, and I had to get my wife to help me. I don't think I could have gotten the cover on myself, because as you try to pull it around it always falls off the other side. The things so huge, that you can't really just pull it on.

Anyways, 24 hours after arrival I finally got to try the thing out. And man is that thing comfy, even for 2 people at the same time. The cover is really nice and feels soft, and the chair itself just forms perfectly to your body. Even my in-laws came over last night and my father in law sat down and was ready to go to sleep in it. (he had a long day)

Just so you can gauge size, I'm 5'10" and this thing still looks huge when I sit in it.

And here is my wife in the chair

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Holy crap that thing is ridiculously awesome. I had no idea what it was until I saw the pic of you sitting in it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Yowza...looks like a giant marshmallow. But it does look comfy as hell.

I find it hard to believe you are 5'10 by looking at those pics....maybe you are one of those mysterious game database gnomes I've heard about.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Well, would you believe 5'11?

I'm actually closer to 5'11, but either way, I don't really know why you would think I'm shorter.

I can't wait to get home so I can sit in it again and just relax.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

target acquired....

Now you are going to pay..... bwahahahah

j/k.. or not?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

tis a big beanie lol

Very nice! I just got the Sumo Sultan in the mail. I'll be reviewing it in the next 2 weeks or so! Look for it!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Wow, I've got to get me one of those. That looks freakin' awesome. Congrats on the wife dood *wink* *wink*

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

haha, those are EPIC !!

not related, but please, kill that jean or at least cut those things =(