By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - lip stick on a pig?

are you offended by it?

will that hurt obama, with woman voters?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

For the love of mother, IT'S POLITICAL. He said that about McCain, not Sarah Palin. And McCain used that exact same analogy about Hillary Clinton. Politics disgusts me.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41396&start=0

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

are you saying sir john McCain is a pig?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Women aren't stupid. They aren't going to turn around and vote for a anti-gay, anti-choice, anti-education candidate just because they share the same gender.

The controversy over the issue is that Palin had used the joke "the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull is lipstick" (yes, that isn't the actual quote). Now, just a few days later, we have Obama using this analogy, and based on the reaction of the crowd, I'd say that the majority of them were thinking it was aimed at not only McCain, but Palin as well. The time McCain said it wasn't as big of an issue because Hillary didn't say something like what Palin had said before.

So, people are upset with Obama because it really was a jab partially aimed at Palin's joke at the RNC.

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
The controversy over the issue is that Palin had used the joke "the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull is lipstick" (yes, that isn't the actual quote). Now, just a few days later, we have Obama using this analogy, and based on the reaction of the crowd, I'd say that the majority of them were thinking it was aimed at not only McCain, but Palin as well. The time McCain said it wasn't as big of an issue because Hillary didn't say something like what Palin had said before.

So, people are upset with Obama because it really was a jab partially aimed at Palin's joke at the RNC.

That's just a crappy rationalization of what is in reality stupid political bullshit. They find something that they can get in media to bust his chops regardless of it's relevance or truth and so they do it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

This thread title is misleading, I was expecting something erotic.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

The_vagabond7 said:
insomniac17 said:

That's just a crappy rationalization of what is in reality stupid political bullshit. They find something that they can get in media to bust his chops regardless of it's relevance or truth and so they do it.

Well, my opinion on this is that it was poor timing on Obama's part. If he had waited a while to use that, it wouldn't have been a big deal. If he had used it before the RNC, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But using it right after, when Palin said what she said, was very bad timing. Of course people will think that it was aimed at Palin, that speech is still pretty fresh in our minds.

I can't resist pulling your quote out of context and saying that "stupid political bullshit" about sums up this whole thing (and by that, I mean the crap both parties have pulled). =)

The funny thing about being misquoted, especially when you're a politician, is that your explanation for what you said will never get nearly as much attention as what you said, even if it was taken out of context.

The type of people who change their opinion on who to vote for over such an incident represent everything wrong with politics.

Vote based on actual issues and who you think will best help turn this country around and fix the mess we're in now.

The world would be a lot better off if people stopped treating elections like high school popularity contests and actually gave one of the most powerful positions in the world to somebody who they felt actually deserved it.

Even if that line of thinking doesn't necessarily change your final vote it's far better to look back and say, Well at least I voted for the right reasons instead of something retarded like rumors/gossip or the usual political out of context exaggerated BS.

If you think McCain is the best man for the job with a proven record of working across party lines, vote for him.

If you think Obama is the person who can help recover this economy and help out the struggling middle class, vote for him.

But don't vote for McCain because you heard Obama is sexist/closet homosexual Muslim or vote for Obama because you heard McCain's VP pretends her grandson is really her son.