By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - can x360 tie-up or pass sales of ps3 this week?

I think it is very plasible for the 360 to outsell the ps3 for the next two or three weeks, but by this time next month sony will be ontop world wide again (prbly won't be ontop in america until LBP comes out sometime next month)

Around the Network

No chance of X360 outselling PS3 in worldwide console sales. PS3 to win the week by 20k.

I think the PS3 is going to outsell the XBOX 360 even in the US.

I don't see why anyone would preffer the XBOX 360 with no hard disk over the PS3 which comes with a hard disk and a Blu Ray player.

But then again, consumers are generally dumb.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

It will be a Margen of error tie, but ps3 will be on top. by say 10k

That arcade SKU is selling like crazy... the sales will be close with only 2 days, but I think the 360 will jump ahead... this week it's a slaughter house... the Arcade unit is just doing phenomenal... and gamers know they can pick up a used 20 gig for 30 bucks or less.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I think for the next 2 or even 3 weeks Xbox 360 will outsell PS3 in the US and possibly EU but after that Sony will be ahead until Gears 2 week where I think the sales will be close again or possibly the 360 could win that week too (remember I say possibly because all 4 of PS3s biggest holiday exclusives will have shipped which could keep PS3 ahead that week as well) but overall WW I think the PS3 will win altogether through Jan 1, 2009.

I think you give to much credit to LBP and SOCOM... as for racers Dirt is better than Motostrom by a long shot and Resistance is a better game then SOCOM.

(edit)  I will put in for PS3 getting hammered in number by the Wii and 360 this holiday... None of those games are system sellers and the price isn't where is should be... 360 should post Wii-like numbers this holiday season.

Cueil said:
CGI-Quality said:
I think for the next 2 or even 3 weeks Xbox 360 will outsell PS3 in the US and possibly EU but after that Sony will be ahead until Gears 2 week where I think the sales will be close again or possibly the 360 could win that week too (remember I say possibly because all 4 of PS3s biggest holiday exclusives will have shipped which could keep PS3 ahead that week as well) but overall WW I think the PS3 will win altogether through Jan 1, 2009.

I think you give to much credit to LBP and SOCOM... as for racers Dirt is better than Motostrom by a long shot and Resistance is a better game then SOCOM.

(edit)  I will put in for PS3 getting hammered in number by the Wii and 360 this holiday... None of those games are system sellers and the price isn't where is should be... 360 should post Wii-like numbers this holiday season.

You vastly belittle the PS3's upcoming titles this year. LittleBigPlanet will sell more systems then any upcoming game on 360 by far and Resistance 2 will sell more systems than Gears 2. SOCOM: Confrontation and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift will sell about as many systems as Fable II and Banjo-Kazooie as well. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm will sell more systems than Naruto: The Broken Bond. Eternal Sonata and Cross Edge will both sell quite a few PS3s in Japan this month as well.

It's quite clear that PS3's upcoming games will sell more systems than the 360's so the only advantage that the 360 has to keep ahead of the PS3 this year is the lower price. However, PS3 will likely be able to match that advantage with the huge increase in sales thanks to the upcoming blu-ray rush as well as the 160GB coming November 1st.

Cueil said:
CGI-Quality said:

And.. You have caught my attention. Without even glancing to the left I already know that your post count/ knowledge is low. Opinions are one thing, but you fail to realize so many things.

First of all 360 stands no shot in Europe, was that a typo? You would know this because the sales are actually shown week by week on the front page. Also there was only a 360 price cut in America. The Euro-cut already happened and the 360 has been priced under the wii for some time there - only to still get continuously destroyed by the PS3 week after week. Europe alone gives an advantage of ~50,000 to sony in recent weeks.

Even in NA, (North America) where the 360 used to be king, the PS3 now reigns supreme. In NA, the 360 will get large boosts for a short period of time. (because of the price cut) But the sad fact is that will only be bringing it up to par for a short time WW (world wide).

PS3 Sales since Christmas of last year would disagree with your analysis.

Also, whether it is Socom or Resistance, both are PS exclusive, and Dirt is a multi-plat (multiple platform game).

So things that could help a pro 360 argument in your case would be Gears 2 and a price cut in NA.

But we know how the price cut will turn out eventually, since we have a direct example of the same price cut happening in Europe months ago. Bad.

@OP,

I think PS3 will edge out the 360 this week. Next 2 weeks after, the 360 should outsell the PS3. Lets hope for Microsofts sake, that it does.. otherwise what was the point.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Maybe not this week but next week for sure.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

The X360 price cut took affect in US 6th September- only one day. Next week sales of X360 with a full week of X360 price cut should have a bigger impact than just one day of X360 price cut.